Friday, October 6, 2023

A Little Hallowe'en Finish

 Gentle Friends, I put the last stitches in Jenny Bean last night and have a snap to show today...


"Jenny Bean's Halloween Sampler" - Shakespeare's Peddler, 2009 - 9/10 - 10/5/23
40ct "Eastwick" from Needle & Flax
I used the called for GAST Floss - except I exchanged...
Pecan Pie for Woodpile & Baked Clay for Fudge Ripple

This was a fun little piece to work on and since there is still plenty of October left I pulled another Hallowe'en piece from the stash heap.  It's a companion to another piece I stitched over a decade ago, but has been lingering about waiting for me to get a move on and stitch!  I'll post a snaperoo of that on Monday of whatever little bits of stitching I get done over the weekend.

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks again for stopping by do stop again. 
 Have a great weekend!!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

13 comments:

  1. This turned out even better than I thought it would be. I've had the pattern, but didn't realize the color palette was so vibrant from the photo. Love it! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin!! Using the overdyed floss I always leaned towards the more vibrant dyed floss when given a choice, since there can be such a difference between dye lots within a color.

      Delete
  2. This looks great, Edgar. I love the little rhyme on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your Halloween finish, Edgar! What a fun color palette and verse! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Edgar: This is a beauty, I am looking forward to seeing your next design start.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this piece. The saying is a little ghoulish, but the piece is really colorful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathie!! The motto is very grim for sure! :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the gorgeous finish Edgar. I love the bright colors.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really completed this lickity split ... Great coloring... heritage

    ReplyDelete

Sampler Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah... here's a snaperoo... ... I think I'll move through the centre section for a while....