Tuesday, July 6, 2021

A Little Breakfast

Gentle Friends, my story continues... since we are giving up the physical office I needed to make a trip over the Bay Bridge to the office to get my stuff in my area...


(isn't this a great picture of the Bay Bridge span from SF to Treasure Island) since I had been taking some days off around the 4th and we decided to go over on Saturday.  We headed over early so we could have breakfast at a great diner called Betty's Ocean View Diner... 


which by the way has no view of the ocean, the bay, or any water I could make out and is located on 4th Street Berkeley...  this is a really popular place for the area so we got there at 7:30 and were third in line when they opened up at 8.   We got an inside booth!!  The line was enormous the whole time we were there.


... great shot of my finger, but I loved the giant piece of pie hanging over the counter service area... I do love a good piece of pecan pie!!  I had looked at the menu online and knew what I was going to order...

... and I ended up ordering a Souffle Pancake, with apples...

... imagine a puffy, eggy popover... delish!!

Michael ordered the souffle with summer fruit...

Rico got eggs over hard with crispy bacon ... and rye toast... he hates rye bread it was supposed to be sourdough...

... and John got the Banana Pancakes, which he said were delicious.
______________________

So, things are getting back to a more normal pace out here.  We went to a BBQ at a friend's house on the 4th and that was fun... and the weather has been really super SF Summer weather, lots of fog, and the temps hovering in the mid to low 50's.... gotta love this Bagdad By the Bay!!!
______

Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good deeds!
edgar

8 comments:

  1. Dearest Edgar: This food looks yummy, I am with Rico eggs over hard, super crispy bacon and sourdough bread.
    I am so happy we are all able to get out and enjoy company.
    Have a lovely day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The breakfast choices look delicious. I think I'm with Rico, sourdough would go better with his choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on blogs. Your border matching is a gift, one I rarely receive. How nice to be able to work from home. Some love it, some need interaction. I need a popover which I have not made since mom passed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! You always go to the most interesting eateries and order the most yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the food choices look yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny, Oceanview diner with no view of the ocean whatsoever. I wonder how they came up with the name? Wishful thinking? Usually where you find long lines, is where you find good food. The banana pancakes would've been my choice. That first photo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have food envy, especially the pancake with apples.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing place to have breakfast!! Glad to hear you are doing well. After our brief horrid heat, we are doing much better!

    ReplyDelete

Another Rabbit Hole......

 Gentle Friends, here's a snaperoo of Sarah... ... I'd be further along if it weren't for my phone.  My phone you say!  Specific...