Monday, January 25, 2016

A Little Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, I finished up "Christmas Tree Farm" over the weekend... here's a snap...


... a change I made was to go back and took out the middle band of "Jolly Holly" I had stitched in the trees and restitched using the called for DMC green...  and went back to the first house and un-stitched the called for dark green DMC from the top and bottom and restitched with CC's Steamed Broccoli, the floss I am using for the pine bough decoration under each house.  There is only a single tree left on the bottom row which I will stitch CC/DMC/CC so there is continuity.  I kept looking at the "Jolly Holly" and it just didn't sit right - the colour was on the blue side and all the greens in this piece are on the yellow side..... I have looked ahead and see some other changes I am going to make, but will talk about them as I get to each house.
________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

11 comments:

  1. It turns out really well!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really making progress on this piece! It is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly looks superb Edgar

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's looking great. it is nice to change colors a but.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be a wonderful Christmas design. Do you have a favorite "Pine green" color? I am always looking for one when I do Christmas designs and I really don't have a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate having to pick out but it is better to do that and change colors that are bugging you rather than have to see it forever and then wish you had done something. Does that make sense? it is early in the am here in Alabama. I am often changing colors and patterns to suit me. Those graphs are just a suggestion aren't they???:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really coming along. The colors in this one are very pretty.....you've chosen well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good! I'm enjoying watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...