Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thirfty Thursday

Gentle Friends.... I found some fun things over the weekend, we hit the usual shops and a couple of nice Estate sales......
.....  I found this great red ware tea set in one of the consignment shops, but the pieces were not being sold together.....  each piece was marked individually and I found them all over the store, the tea pot was in the front the creamer was in with the Christmas things and the open sugar bowl was back with the baking stuff, all three things are in super condition and each was hand made with nice slip trailing for the letters.......

... here's some of the other things I picked up....  at one the Estate sales was a nice pile of Movie Mags, I went through a picked a bunch of the better condition ones from the early 60's featuring Elizabeth Taylor,  I also found a super book about Hollywood Fashion, the bright cut glass I picked up at a Goodwill and even a $2 it was a deal, it turned out to be 1/2 off, I just couldn't believe it, a lovely, heavy, cut piece of glass that is at least 100+ years sold for a buck!!!  I found some other fun books and a couple of DVD's and two nice icons..... over all a really fun day of finds!!!
_____________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Magazine envy happening here LOL. Great haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you found more Orthodox church icons too!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your thrifting posts though I don't always comment. You must be quite eagle-eyed to spot the scattered pieces of the tea set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds. I am always amazed that you get some really great bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah shucks does a silent emailbox mean I didn't win the drawing? Love your Edinburgh tea set. Kinda funny how it was sold as a set though.

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...