Monday, December 5, 2011

Another Busy Weekend

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends what a busy weekend we had.  This time of year it is so hard to step back and reflect on the "Reason for the Season."  Getting caught up in the countdown - ... 19 days BTW.... - so many specials to see, so many sales to try and get to, the crowds, the lights, the everything.  I am not immune to them, I do enjoy many aspects of the whirlwind that our Christmas has become.  We dad make it to the "Mall" and finished up that kind of shopping.  I still need to run to some Neighborhood shops to pick up a few things.  I am planning on doing that after work, when I can actually find some street parking.  


Weekend street parking here in the city can just bite sometimes - no, actually all the time, but this time of year it gets even worse!!  (Isn't this a great snap!!)
____________

I spent a majority of weekend working on little gifts  - the plan is to get these out this week.   I also did quite a bit of "secret " stitching, and after they arrive at new destinations I'll get snaps posted for you to see.  I have actually gotten everything done down to a single piece that needs a little more work and then some finishing - then I can get back to "ABC Noel"  - remember that??  :)

I whipped up a tasty Pumpkin Roll yesterday I will post about that tomorrow.

That's about it for today sports fans - short and sweet.

Take care,
edgar

11 comments:

  1. Love that picture of the old cars! Such fun! Parking is always so hard, isn't it? I hope you can manage to find a space and get your shopping done. This time of year is so much fun, except for the parking part. lol! Looking forward to seeing the pumpkin roll -- sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parking..... those cars remind me of salesmen for cars probably Model T....You can have any color as long as it is Black......

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that sounds lovely! love this time of year though!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that photo :) and hope you manage to get your shopping done and can't wait to see what you have been stitching either :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though we do not celebrate christmas, your account of the days and the count down makes me totally excited. You sure have been busy.
    Eager to see pictures of your secret gifts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the parking isn't really as bad as in the photo,or you'll never get shopping done ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm...pumpkin roll? My brother always makes them and gives one to everybody to take home with them.

    Love that old pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the picture of the cars. Did you take it???? lol Just kidding.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every year, I promise myself that "next" year won't be such a "whirlwind" - but it always turns out that way. I've begun to think that "whirlwind" is just part of the fun. :)
    Hello, my name is Sharon and I am a pumpkin-o-holic. I can't wait for the recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate shopping compulsion this time of the year! The other things are beautiful for enjoy. Have a peaceful Crhistmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Secret stitching is o exciting, I lve the anticipation of the reaction a gift will get when it is received. Looking forward to seeing what goodies you sent out.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...