Friday, December 3, 2010

The Weekend is here!!!!

GR&DF I do thank you all for the kind comments for yesterdays post.

I posted on Blacksheep Bakes the recipe for the Spice Cake I made on Thanksgiving. A very easy recipe to pull together, I hope you will enjoy!!

Yesterday the mail brought another Christmas surprise -

They were a gift from my dear stitching friend, Jennifer - and I am pretty sure that she hand dyed these herself. She sent a lovely group of very useful colours... Thank you so much!!!

Last night I wrapped up the last of my "gift" baking and most of the packages will go out today. So there was no stitching just a lot of kitchen time!!

Thanks for stopping by, do come again!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. You have some very lucky friends - I'm sure your cooking/baking tastes as wonderful as your stitching looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, pretty colors! What a nice gift! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome gift! I'm heading over to Blacksheep Bakes to scope out the cake--I LOVE a spice cake.

    Made some Snickerdoodle cookies last night, but they did come out a bit off due to me using "whole-wheat white flour". Yeah, IDK what that is, either. It was in the freezer. Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stitching from yesterday's post and the new picture of the whole family in their Christmas finery! I wish I was as ahead of the baking game as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to have a friend that sends you threads and hand dyed wow.
    I will try your recipe, thank-you for sharing.
    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the "shout-out" Edgar! Been away from blogland for a while and then come back to savor my 15 minutes of fame. Glad the package arrived safely and that you can make some use of the threads. Loving the Sampler Wreath project. But, those "lazer-eye" kitties from a few posts back really creep me out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Edgar, finally able to sit and get some blog reading done. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.

    The Sampler Wreath is looking good. Glad to hear that your baking is done and on its way. You are way ahead of me!!!

    Enjoy the season.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...