Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Post

GR&DF Thank you for stopping by yesterday and for all your kind words!! Our week is supposed to warm up today by a few degrees and then cool off with some rain this weekend. It is a bit early for us to start up with the rain, but we certainly need every drop we can get!!

I was meaning to post the recipe for the cookies yesterday, but forgot it at home. I remembered today - the recipe comes from the Better Homes and Gardens web site.

Peanutty Buckeye Bars

1 - 19.5 ounce package brownie mix
2 - eggs
1/3 c oil
1 c chopped peanuts
1- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c peanut butter (I used chunky)

Directions
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9x2 pan: set aside. In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs and oil. Beat on medium speed until combined. Stir in peanuts. Remove half of this mix and spread evenly into the greased pan.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until completely mixed and smooth. Spread this evenly over the top of brownie mixture in the pan. Separate the remaining brownie mixture into pieces, flatten these with your fingers, and place on top of the brownie mixture in pan. (This was the messiest part of the whole bit. Your fingers will get covered in the brownie stuff!!)

3. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is set and edges are lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 32 bars.

4. To store: layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.

It is a really easy cookie to make, it is the flattening out of the brownie bits that's kind of messy.

__________

I finished up my Autumnal Exchange and it goes into the mail today - it should arrive domestically in the next couple of days!! I will post a snap when I hear it has arrived. I was really liking it last night and as with some exchanges it is hard to send it off, but I made it to be sent and I hope the recipient likes it as much as I do.
__________

The flicker last night was "Destry Rides Again" - 1939 - starring Marlene Dietrich, James Stewart, Mischa Auer, Brian Donlevy and Una Merkel. This classic western from the Golden Year of films was a total surprise to me. The basic story goes like this.... after the sheriff is killed and the "town drunk" is appointed in his place the lawless town of "Bottleneck" needs a hero. In comes the son of a famous Sheriff - who to every ones surprise doesn't carry a gun to enforce the law. There are a couple of dance hall numbers by Dietrich, who by the way is called "Frenchie." Here is probably the most famous -



I enjoyed the film and even if you don't care for westerns (I certainly do not) you should enjoy this film.

I think that about does it for today. Thanks again for stopping by.
Do come again!!

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. Hiya Edgar1

    Do you think that canola oil will work for this recipe? Not that I have any business eathing it of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe, this is one I'm going to have to try! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! My sweety can't eat nuts, but he can do smooth peanut butter. I'm thinking chopped up Reese's cups instead of peanuts. My mouth is watering already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mnn; I ate some cupcakes last night 4 "halves" of different kinds--VERY bad for someone following a strict regimen for health, but hey! :D The raspberry cheesecake one was great--I do like that concentrated raspberry syrup!

    I also know what you mean about exchanges being hard to send out! I decided to "make one for me too" this time to ease that pain, but since it wasn't the same design, and I didn't "finish" mine yet, well...I still wanted the one I sent! Not TOO much, though. I am certain whoever it is will really love it. I treasure the valentine I received from you this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Preheating my oven....MUST make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you were able to visit the EGA seminar last week! I thought the Italian needlework was exquisite as well. Love LOVE loved San Fran. Can't wait to return. Thanks for this recipe. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Edgar,
    Just catching up on my blog reading/commenting. I hope that you are feeling better, missed meeting ya at NiaH...next time :) The recipe sounds very yummy, might have to make it for our baking contest we have next month.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...