Saturday, December 18, 2021

A Little Stitchin' and a Little Christmas

 Gentle Friends, I've gotten a little stitching done on MCEV, and here's a snap...

... the picture is a bit wonky as I couldn't get it to lay flat and was quite wrinkled from the q-snaps.  I changed the date and will change the name for my grandmother who was named for her grandmother and 1860 was the year of her birth...  so that would be my great-great-grandmother...
_________________

I also got a pan of baklava made up and parceled it out to my neighbors for Christmas... 
here's a snap of that...
.. I've not made baklava in a few years and really missed it last year, so it was a treat to make some for everyone this year!!
______________

We also got the Christmas tree up and decided to only use the sterling,  Swarovski, and Wedgwood snowflakes... here's a close-up snaperoo..

... we did this a few years ago and really enjoyed it so it was nice to do it again this year.  I hadn't unpacked the sterling ornaments in a while and they all needed a good polish before going on the tree...
_____________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

9 comments:

  1. Edgar dear, you have simply got to stop showing your baking feats...
    drooling is so unbecoming to a lady. The sampler in tribute to your
    Great Grandmother is just lovely...snow next? "We got the Christmas tree up" You certainly did and it is stunning...what a joy to behold. You two certainly know how to fill the air with Christmas spirit and vision. Thank you for sharing...(the cookies...you have my address)LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree looks so elegant. What a great idea to change up which ornaments you use from year to year. It makes you really appreciate your ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Edgar: Wow what a beautiful tree, it is lovely, I bet you all sit and just view its beauty.
    Baklava, I wish i was your neighbor, it looks yummy.
    Beautiful stitching progress.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ella is looking mighty fine Edgar.... I love baklava but have never even thought of making it. Hmmm...you set the wheels spinning. Those sterling snowflakes are just exquisite!! What a stunning tree that might be! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. MCEV is looking great! Your tree is beautiful and your neighbors are lucky people, haha!

    Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a Merry Christmas, Edgar and Rico!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is gorgeous, Edgar. And the baklava looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and i bet your tree is stunning in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both the stitching and the tree are wonderful! What a nice tribute to your Great Grandmother!

    ReplyDelete

Another Rabbit Hole......

 Gentle Friends, here's a snaperoo of Sarah... ... I'd be further along if it weren't for my phone.  My phone you say!  Specific...