Monday, December 27, 2021

A Little More Christmas - 2021

Gentle Friends, I've been off-line for a few days as I had to "takedown" my office" and get ready for Christmas.  I work at our dining room table and needed it for Christmas dinner and so I boxed it all up and moved it into an upstairs closet.  But I'm back up and running... I'm off this week so not too much going on around here.  I have some snaps from the last couple of weeks... let's start off with a small (14 people) cocktail party over at our friends who live on Alamo Square here in the City... they have a super house dating back to the 1880s.  They were on lockdown last year so they didn't entertain a bit...  this year they wanted to do something smallish for their bubble... here is a shot of their spectacular tree...


____________________________

This is our Christmas Dinner table, for which I gave up my "office"...


Rico whipped up a really lovely centerpiece of red and white roses and red tulips... we are still enjoying it this evening... here's Baby Jesus' Birthday Cake this year...

... I made a lemon cake with lemon curd filling and lemon butter creme icing with fondant poinsettias for decoration...


... for dinner I made a really tasty brisket (if I do say so myself) Gratin Dauphinois (just fancy scalloped potatoes) green beans with almonds and some biscuits... enjoyed by everyone.
____________________

Christmas Night, after all the hubbub, I finally finished up MCEV... here's a snap...

BBD - Merry Christmas Ella Vaugh
40ct LL Pear
Recommended Floss
10/31 - 12/25/2021

The changes I made... I removed what I think was supposed to be a cupola from the roof and added in the two chimnies making it a more Georgian house.  I also changed the name.  Everything else remains the same as charted.
___________________________

I hope everyone had a super Christmas!! 

Looking forward to a great 2022!!!
___________________

That's about it for this evening.  I'll post my new start next week when it actually looks like something.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again!  Stay Safe!!!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Your Christmas meal looked incredible, Edgar. Well done on your BBD finish! What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where to start? Being the artists you both are, the floral centerpiece
    is Christmas-perfect and that cake is Jesus-pleasing. What a lovely
    tribute the MCEV is to Nannie Bell. Happy to see the 1880 house could
    ring merry this year and you both look like you had a great time. Your
    holiday dinner - perfection. Thank you for sharing season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super picture of you and Rico. I hope you both have a wonderful 2022! Now, I am so impressed with your Christmas pictures, a beautiful tree and an amazing dinner. I love your china and Rico's centerpiece is beautiful. Plus the Jesus birthday cake is amazing. Those flowers looked real! All that plus a lovely finish on the BBD piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully festive Christmas from start to finish, Edgar! The sacrifice of your office was so appreciated by all I am sure. A higher and better purpose I'd say. Great finish...and so timely give n the season. Your grandmother's (?? Sorry...hope that is correct, I know it was a "grand" relative but am at the lake in a snowstorm with intermittent connection/service so do not want to hesitate and scroll back now to verify.) Wonderful photo of you and Rico! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have had some wonderful Christmas celebrations. Your Christmas table is very pretty. Rico made a gorgeous centerpiece. I love how you changed MCEV. Now you need to call it MCNB. Great photo of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Edgar - and best holiday and new year wishes to the two of you! I so enjoy seeing the photos from your friends' magnificent old home every year. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Edgar: Your friends tree is lovely, we used to have trees like that when I was young.
    Your table lokks stunning, you really know how to set a table, the food looks yummy and the cake I could dive into, anything lemon is for me.
    Rico did a beautiful job on the center piece, he has a gift for sure.
    You both looks so happy, this is a sweet photo.

    Happy New Year
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning tree!
    Edgar, your table, your food, you and Rico by the tree... festive, warm and inviting, Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...