Sunday, December 24, 2017

4th Sunday of Advent

Gentle Friends, the 4th candle of Advent was lit today... 


... and the 4th CANDLE – is called THE ANGEL CANDLE or THE CANDLE OF LOVE

The angels announced the good news of a Savior!  “…I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord” ~ Luke 2:10b-11    

 God sent his only Son to earth to save us because he loves us!   

 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” ~ John 3:16-17
_______________

I'm wrapping up the baking for Christmas this afternoon ... I made a Rum Cake for to take tonight to the coffee time after "Midnight Mass"  - they asked for volunteers to bake a bring in goodies.....  I'll post some snaps when I get back into the swing of things.  
Just a quick FYI, I took off the next week and won't be back to work until Tuesday 1/2.  Which means that Blog Posts will be sporadic at best...... The reason for the week off is that I didn't take a vacation of any length this past year so I'm approaching my PTO (Personal Time Off) Limit.  If I was to reach the Limit it would mean that I'ld stop accruing Vacation time and that ain't gonna happen....  so a week off was called for.  Now, next year I've got some plans for the Fall that are coming together quickly.... more about that later on.  My plans for the week are to stitch on Christmas Garden, I've got a massage scheduled for Wednesday evening.... and just being lazy and hanging out at home - sounds good to me!!!!
_____________

That's about it for today sports fans....  have a lovely Christmas Eve!!

Take care,
edgar

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time off and I wish you and Rico a very merry Christmas. We had Christmas Eve as an option at 11am. We went because snow is predicted for this evening. It's snowing now so that was a good choice. We even had the lit candles and Silent Night in the day. It was still beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you! Your vacation week sounds wonderful....and a great finale to the year. :-)

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...