Tuesday, September 12, 2017

A Little Hoarding

Gentle Friends, I am still stitching away on AotH, but my camera is not cooperating at the moment so I am unable to post an updated shot of the changes I've made and the bits I've frogged.... oh well. 
______________

I did have an idea for a post last week and took some snaps so here goes....  I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned how much I really enjoy Yankee candles.  I've been buying them for years and usually stock up in the Fall with the lovley autumnal offerings to carry me over the Spring and Summer months.  About 4 or 5  years ago I was introduced to "Autumn Lodge" a really wonderful fireplace/cherry tobacco smelling candle.  I think I bought 3 or 4 of them that year.   I burned them frequently over the Spring and Summer months, lighting my last AL candle sparingly....my plan was to get more of them in the Fall since it was a Seasonal candle it was only available during the Fall months.  You can see where this is going, Fall came and went and no Autumn Lodge!!  To say I was disappointed would be kind, at that point I started to look on line and found out that this candle also goes by the name "Santas Pipe" and is a red color - but the few of them that I could find out there were horrendously expensive.... like $75 to $100+ per candle, when I could find them..... and yes, I like this candle a lot but I'm certainly not going to spend that kind of money for one!!
________________

This year the early catalog of the Fall releases came out and there it was "Autumn Lodge"... I ordered one immediately just to see if it was the same candle as before - I still had some of the very last of the AL candles that I saved.  So, I knew that when it came I had a "control candle" to see if they were going to be the same as before.  Well, it came and "oh happy day" they were exactly the same....  so I ordered 9 more of them that evening....


... and since that 2nd order, I've placed a 3rd order..... you can tell it is my very favourite candle ever and I will stockpile them .... now where to store them???  

I've gotten some looks from Rico about this little bit of crazy on my part, but that's how it is in my little corner of the world!!  So, if you like a fireplace and the smell of cherry tobacco this is a candle you might want to try.  
______________

There you sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

16 comments:

  1. It's hard to do without our favorite things! I would throw a fit if Bath and Body Works suddenly stopped making Stress Relief, my absolute favorite scent they make that I've been using for years. Glad your candle is still available and smart to stock up. It's so easy to imagine the Rico eye though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $75 to $100 for a Yankee candle?! And we thought that OOP cross stitch charts were out of control. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I had one for my library room and same issue happened. We might have bought out the whole lot of them for the season. Maybe they would make good ends!!! Storage idea resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yankee Candles are my favorite, too! Balsam and Cedar and Autumn Wreath (I think) are my favorites! I'll have to check out Autumn Lodge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.... I have to admit I'm not much of a candle lover. They aggravate my allergies... I'm so glad you found your fave!

    MaryO1230
    San Pedro, CA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say go for it especially since you like it so much. I am sure each of us have things that we hoard thinking it might not be around or you have to wait 9 months for it to return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing like scarcity to create a hoarding situation! You've gotta do what you've gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like Fireplace anything; not sure about cherry tobacco; must research! You are nesting for the winter Months! There really is nothing like knowing one's own mind! Hearing about Rico'a "Looks" makes me want to put one in his Christmas stocking. (It is, after all, just the size and shape to "shore up" the lower "leg".) lololololll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too LOVE Yankee Candles. My little house has a shelving unit in my laundry room that is the perfect size for storing my candles... I don't want to count how many I have but it is a lot. I stocked up on Lemongrass & Orange last summer...good thing I did as it didn't reappear this year. Glad you got a nice supply of your favorite scent...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made me laugh, it seems I am not the only one that goes out hunting for specific Yankee candles, though I have never bought that many all at once. I will look out for Autumn Lodge, although they don't all arrive in England. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are a few things that I have hoarded because "they quit making it." I have also gotten those funny looks. Sigh!
    Candles aren't my thing - but I have a hoard of two different herbal teas that I dearly love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. At our house we hoard pickles that are hard to come by! I think hoarding stuff that we love that is hard to find should not be called hoarding, it should be called incredibly efficient! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know just what you mean, they had cinnamon a few years ago. Then it was gone.there are new versions of the old one but I still miss it as the new ones are not quite the same.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Edgar, thank you for giving me a place to come to on my lunchtime that leaves behind the challenging world we live in and go to some place pretty with happy things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for posting about these. I love the smell of cherry tobacco as my grandfather would smoke a pipe and it smelled so good. I now will have to hunt these down to see if it is the same smell I remember from when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just make Rico move some of the wigs and crowns and then you will have plenty of storage space for your candles!! Miss you two!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...