Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Little Shopping

Gentle Friends thank you so much for your kind words about my CCN Cottage Finish.  I had some questions....  regarding framing... at some point, but for the moment it is in the completed heap, the linen I used is a 36ct piece of LL "Vintage Butter Creme" - and although it always seems to photograph on the green side, it really leans towards the yellow/beige in colour - the floss I used was cotton throughout, with about 1/2 recommended and the other 1/2 my conversions.  Now I am back to stitching on ATS, and the way I'm gonna work that on the Blog, so as not to bore you too much with it, is to post a weekly update snap.
______________

Over the weekend I made it to some of the thrift and consignment shops, there were no Estate Sales in the City.  Here is a snap of the few things I picked up...


I picked up the great early printing of "The Snowy Day" for a $1, it still has its original dust cover, and for a children's book you rarely find that.  This has been a favorite book of mine for as long as I can remember.

I also stopped by a Video store that is slowly closing it's doors - they are selling off their immense stock of DVD's and Blu Ray's over the next few months.  I picked up these 3 Alexander Korda films released by Criterion. The films are "The Private Life of Henry VIII"- 1933, "The Rise of Catherine the Great" - 1934 and "Rembrandt" - 1936 all three top notch films with superior acting and super set decoration.  Although often not as accurate historically as they could have been the films stand alone for the great stories they tell.  There is a fourth film in the set that I will keep checking on to see when they put it out and I'll snatch it up when I find it.  They are randomly putting out "new" product daily.
______________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again.

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. great shopping ..
    big hugs and love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice buys! Love that book too. And great DVD buys too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book looks in superb condition, great find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blast from the past! I remember reading Snowy Day when I was little. Wow, that's a great find and for a $1 too! We've got a video rental place here too that's closing its doors. I drove by and saw signs for DVD's for $1. I'll be stopping in there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved the Keat's book "The Snowy Day" I wore out my copy when my children were very young!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love old children's books. I had quite a collection of them but sold them on eBay a few years ago ... one of my "better" examples of dumb bunny me. Thankfully I kept all the old school readers! I am going to have to look for A Snowy Day though. Can't pass up anything concerning snow : ) I wonder if that DVD store will still be open next month? Likewise I wonder if there will be any estate sales going on at the time. Will have to look into that : )By the way, John has always loved the Criterion Collections.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edgar, it is so cool to see someone else likes Ezra Jack Keats. He is probably the reason I am artsy, I used to pore over his books and want to recreate them or things like them! Great find.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...