Sunday, May 26, 2024

A Little Roadblock - or - The Missing Section

 Gentle Friends, here's a snaperoo of almost all of the stitching I can stitch from the chart...


... how can that be you ask... well, I bought the Sarah Barker chart when it was first released.  Not knowing at the time that the chart I had purchased had a duplicated page and the bottom section missing.  Who knew, I never looked and did not realize the problem I was facing until a couple of weeks ago.  So, I did what I thought was the thing to do, I went to the Needlework Press website and sent an email through Contact Us explaining there was a duplicate page and it was missing the bottom section.  So far, it's been crickets and tumbleweeds.  With no response, I turned to FaceBook and found the Needlework Press page... AND found a post from September 2023 talking about the issue with the Sarah Barker chart ...from that post this statement...

 "(It also reminded me that one printing of this chart had duplicate pages. If you happen to have one of those charts, send us a pic and we’ll be happy to replace it."  

I left a message there 5 days ago and again there's only been crickets and tumbleweeds...  It would be nice and easier to stitch if I were to get the missing part for the chart.  Without that section, I'll have to extrapolate and reconstruct from the bits that are there and the photo on the front of the chart the missing section and guess at the floss colors. Which will be kind of a pain... do I really want to do all that work, probably not... I'll probably do what I can and then just toss the incomplete sampler and move on to the next project, which I still need to solidify BUT will get on immediately... checking first to make sure that all the chart sections are there.  I'll also be doing that with every chart going forward.  Since this is the first time I've run into a missing section I guess I'll just treat it as a "live and learn" experience. In the past I've run into VERY bad charting for sure but never missing chart parts...  any other suggestions are welcome.  
_____________________

There you go sports fans... all the bitchin' that's fit to print!  
Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

6 comments:

  1. Did you try sending a message on Instagram?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instagram message or leave comment to check email? Sorry, has to be frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you try sending a message on Instagram?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your piece is so beautiful….would you be tempted to buy a new chart to replace this errant one? Or perhaps appeal to other stitchers that have completed this sampler and could share their copy with you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How frustrating...but, I agree with the others above you have suggested an IG message or even a comment on one of her posts. I know she is necks to chins in getting ready for a stitching cruise that had been postponed for years, so that may explain the crickets you're hearing...but she is generally very responsive? Good luck and keep us posted.... Sarah is too pretty (and too complete) to discard. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I can't help with the chart Edgar, I did look on the net yesterday to see if I could find a good picture that I could take a screen shot of. I know that Kitten Stitcher sells the chart, so maybe she would have better luck contacting Needlework Press, or if she is really kind, she might send you a scan of the missing section. Otherwise you will just have to put her aside for a while until someone comes up trumps.

    ReplyDelete

A Vine, A Bird and a Flower

 Gentle Friends, stitching away on Miss Ann with a little progress to show, here's a snaperoo... ... it's nice that the border is so...