Monday, October 23, 2017

A Little Stitchin' (with a little update)

Gentle Friends, well, here's a snap of my new start.....


... it's a lovely large piece from Heartsring Samplery called "His Eye is on the Sparrow."  I left my notes at home about the specifics but here's what I remember...... I have already changed the main green vine colour from WDW Oscar to GAST Camouflage and the red flower was to be done in another red and I chose a GAST color called Old Red Paint.   The reason for the changes it two-fold - I didn't have enough of either color in my floss stash to complete the border without reordering - and then I would have the problem with different dye lots..... but I did have multiple skeins of each of these from the same dye lots..... the second reason, I really like the color Camouflage and have used it on many occasions for a dark shaded green and Old Red Paint is a great red color that works well with the green.  I forget what the linen is exactly, but it is a 36 count piece with lots of green mottling.

UPDATE: The linen is 36ct PTP Heritage
_____________________

There you go sports fans thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Good start! I need to check out the green you are using. I look forward to seeing your progress on this one, Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That border is so pretty. I have been contemplating this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a stunning design, Edgar! And it's a big one, too. I can't wait to see your version.

    Belated congrats on your Halloween quaker. You've really tempted me to put that chart on my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen that one finished. It is huge but well worth the time and effort. You have a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I said before doing the border first to me is very brave...I was tough start in the middle and work out. I have tried otherwise and get nervous. That is a nice start to a large piece. Looking forward to following progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Edgar! I had to check out this pattern on 1-2-3 Stitch.... came sooooo close to purchasing, but I have many TBF (to be finished) cross stitch items.... no more until I make a dent! :-)

    MaryO1230

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this one finished, great start you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the stitch. I am down to the last page but stalled. I wanted to stitch some other things and it is just to big for me to drag around. I am hoping I can finish this year. I started it in 2016...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this design! Oh wow, I can't wait to see your future progress on this beauty. Love the Heritage linen you're using - one of my Faves from PTP along with Legacy and Wren and many others. Beautiful start on this huge sampler! Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Sampler Stitchin'

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah... here's a snaperoo... ... I think I'll move through the centre section for a while....