Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A Little More Bakin'

Gentle Friends,  Sunday rolled around just as wet as Saturday...  the weather was not going not to deter us...so it was up, out and off to early Mass (the rain kept away most of the folks we generally see,  the 8:00 am Mass usually has about 50 or so people but, this past wet Sunday there were only about 20 with a couple of late stragglers)  ...then is was off to breakfast and back home again.

I was still in the baking mood so I whipped up this treat....

 "Southern Pecan Pound Cake"  I found the recipe HERE on The Country Cook Blog, 
cooling on a wire rack.....

... after making a pot of tea, the cake had cooled enough to cut and was just delicious!!  I love pound cake and I think that the pecan is just about the most perfect nut there is, so together they make a really super duper cake!!!!!
______________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks again for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

9 comments:

  1. The cake surely looks delicious on those beautiful plates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That looks delicious, I'll bring a pot of Pomegranate Green Tea and we can sit and stitch for a bit after a lovely slice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made the Southern Praline bundt cake that you shared with us a few years back. My contractors loved it and ate it all within an hour while it was still warm. It's become my quick and easy go to recipe so thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree, what a terrific pair, pound cake and pecans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing more delicious than a good pound cake, your looks yummy. I'll be over in a minute. hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM!!! Thanks for the link...I'm going to make this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be making this pound cake!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so yummy! I love how you can just whip up these beautiful creations on a whim. :)

    Soooo hungry!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am definitely going to make that cake!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...