Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Revisiting San Jalisco and a Sweet Summer Treat

Gentle Friends, one of the nicer things about the weekends is eating out - and last weekend was no different...  on Saturday morning we made a breakfast stop at San Jalisco, located at 20th and South Van Ness.  Since it is family owned and really good food it became one of our "go to" places along time ago.  I have written about it a few times in the past.....  here's a couple of snaps of our breakfasts....

... Rico had Chorizo con Huevos and I had....

... Huevos Rancheros,  you can click HERE to go to their web site and read more of the Menu or the history of this super restaurant.
______________________

I was out looking around for some ideas last week on the Web for a Summer dessert when I stumbled up on a super Blog, Little Miss Celebration, and there found a great idea for using berries -

.....  I switched out the blackberries for a mix of strawberries and blueberries.  The cake is super easy, and with the addition of a little whipped cream and berries this cake just hits the spot.  It is such a versatile cake I can see it popping up often in our future!!  Thank you so much Cindy!!!!!!
______________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. My boys would love that breakfast place and I would love that berry cake! Thank you for the link to her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG now I want Mexican food. That looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to that restaurant soooooo badly. I need to send a link to your blog to my DD -- she's going to SF in July!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...