Friday, August 3, 2012

Some Trip Snaps

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends you are so kind about my crazy conversions!!  Thank you so much!  You do realize that as I start September Cottage if the colours aren't working i might just have to change them again, I held out some of the reds and pinks and even a dark brown that didn't make the cut.....  that may just work better.... we shall see.
_____________

I spoke to my sister last night catching up before they leave on their trip to South Dakota... specifically for the 72nd Motorcycle run in Sturgis.  

A few years ago Rico and I drove out to Rapid City, SD, where Rico's family is from.  Sturgis is just north of RC.  Since I can't show any stitching snaps today, I thought I would dig out some snaps of the Badlands of SD.....










It was a super trip and the landscape was just spectacular!!!
______________

I caught two Myrna films last night...  "The Thin Man" - 1934 -


the film that started the series of Thin man films... and ... "Cheaper by the Dozen" - 1950 -


a great film that Myrna stars along with Clifton Webb and Jeanne Crain.  An interesting tid-bit about this film is that some of it was shot on the back lot at MGM, and was a 20th Century Fox film.... Fox didn't have a standing house set so they used the house the Smith's lived in in "Meet me in St Louis" on MGM's St Louis street.
_____________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks again for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Edgar, good luck on your conversions. I was in SF a couple of days this week. Really enjoyed your weather. Back to DC this morning. Not looking forward to 96 and humid. Oh well just means I will have to try and get out to SF again soon. I popped into needle in a Haystack for some retail therapy. Only had 20 minutes but was able to pick up the threads for the new BB loose feathers pattern. Have a nice stitchy weekend. Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Meet Me in St Louis" is one of my favorite movies. I'll have to take a closer look at "Cheaper By the Dozen" to see the Smith's house. I've never noticed that before. Thanks for the interesting film trivia! Enjoy your weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Cheaper By the Dozen" was one of my mother's favorite movies. She loved Clifton Webb with all of those kids. She would let me stay up late on a school night to watch it with her. Thanks for the memory and the landscape in SD is beautiful.
    Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband LOVED The Badlands when we drove through on a stormy day. Thing is, the colors are so much more vibrant when the ground is wet! Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both movies are wonderful : ) The Badlands are definitely something to see. John & I used to live in North Dakota & we went "down south" a couple times. I remember going to an outdoor theater one evening while we were there. It was an "under the stars" type of theater so we saw most of the show in the dark but when we first got there it was still light & in the distance you could see a herd of buffalo. (Of course we'd see buffalo lots of times at the rest stops in North Dakota.) Stugis was interesting. We went through there once during the motorcycle ruckus. Thanks for the memories : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't our country amazing? We have just about everything here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Photos never do the Badlands justice.....you have go to see in person....SPECTACULAR...you drive along and suddenly there... I will have to dig out my old photos.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary is right photos dont do it justice but your pictures are great. I never get tired of see the Black Hills and Badlands, beautiful area. We are about 5 hours from there so we try to make a trip out there every year either in the summer to go 4 wheeling or winter to go snowmobiling. Have a great weekend
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had a lovely catch up read here Edgar. September cottage is going to be lovely with your shades.
    Enjoy your weekend, whatever you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...