Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Round 4 PS Exchange Arrives and Soup's On

GR&DF how wonderful and warm are your comments!! Thank you so much!!! I do appreciate them - I need to say that right after I posted yesterdays Blog I got a call from the Rico-nator about the snap - but he got over it!! I did get a couple of questions in the comments..... Missy Ann asked about snoring and in my house, from what I have been told, I am the loudest snorer..... but I wonder if that is true as I don't hear it!! Marjorie asked about seeing Christmas Carol - I haven't yet but it is in the works to get out and see it. Anna V-S commented on the darker silk dots on the words in "Ellen Birdseye" - that is also what attracted me to the piece as I like that little details in the letters - that particular brown silk is HDF Kodiak Bear 5137.

Yesterday the mail brought my Round 4 Exchange for the Year Long Prairie Schooler Exchange. It was sent by Andrea and is just a wonderful piece. Here is a snap -

She made me a Mattress Pyn Cushion. The chart is PS Book 91 - Summer/Winter - "December." It is beautifully stitched and finished. Along the sides the wintry theme continues with little snowflakes -

and flipping it over one the back are our initials and a cute little charm -

I have stitched this particular chart at least twice for other exchanges and most recently for Shay. I was always going to make one for myself as I really like it but like many things just never got around to it - now I have one and it's a beauty!! Thank you so much dear Andrea!!

Last night I was again stitching on a really cute exchange so no snaps of that yet.

Nothing much else going on around here - the weather has gotten a bit cooler and we have been turning on the heat a bit in the evenings. With the fall here it can only mean soups and stews for dinner and last night Rico made some Albondigos Soup that was simply delicious!!! If you click the link it will take you to a pretty decent recipe. This is one Mexican soup I really enjoy. There is another Mexican soup that I do not like and that is Menudo - Rico likes it but I just can't even be in the house when it is cooking - the smell just gags me. It is a very traditional dish but just keep it far from me - it is kind of like when I am cooking collard greens - something you know I love!!! Rico runs from that - so I guess each to his own!!

There you go sports fans!! Thanks for stopping by do come again!

Take care,
edgar

14 comments:

  1. I'm behind on my blog reading, so late in congratulating you on your fabulous Hetty finish. Wow!! I love it. Your Ellen start is wonderful, too--it was a fun stitch and the saying is true for many of us.

    What a beautiful exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog for some time now and wanted to let you know how much I enjoy it. I look forward to Monday's post to see all the great things you've found at flea markets, yard sales etc. Your stitching is beautiful. I can't believe how fast you stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That meatball soup sounds delicious--As for tripe, I can't get into it, but dear Marc loves it in soup. Too bad I don't cook it for him. Maybe someday...

    And, what a great exchange!! Just beautiful! I think it's so great that now you have one of your very own after gifting them 2x!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Menudo is made with tripe?! OMG, Edgar! I couldn't eat that either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh...I love collard greens;)

    Gorgeous mattress pyn cushion!! She finished it beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pleasure Edgar, I'm so pleased you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice exchange!! I also LOVE collards and am cooking some right now for the first time in my pressure cooker...keep your needles crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely exchange!

    My DH loves menudo, too and I can't even stand the look of it let alone the smell...YUK!! Now that we live on the East coast he doesn't have the opportunity to have it like when we lived in So. Texas...Thank God!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a wonderful matress pincusion. I just think that is great. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... what a wonderful exchange gift! I also love your Hetty finish and your start on Ellen Birdseye.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you received a gorgeous PS Santa in your exchange and what a gorgeous mattress finish it is, too!!!

    The meatball soup sounds pretty yummy! I might have to try that out soon.

    Went to see "Christmas Carol" last week. I really enjoyed it. Definitely on the darker side than what I think people were expecting, but true to the book. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty ornament you received! She did a wonderful job.

    I am with you on the whole smelly-tripe-soup thing! Yuck! But greens!! I love the greens, especially with some cornbread and sliced tomatoes. YUM-YUM!!

    Hetty turned out absolutely gorgeous, and the new piece is working up nicely too!

    Went to the movies with all the good intentions of seeing "Christmas Carol," but the siren sound of crashing and burning called to me...I ended up seeing "2012" for 2 hours and 45 minutes...but, it was worth every minute...it was an outstanding movie!!! I will be seeing "Christmas Carol" this weekend though...I heard it was a great version too!

    HAPPY STITCHIN'
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful exchange!! Collards are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...