Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stiching and Movie watching

Last night was a little stitching on VoHRH and here is the progress -


Since the regular TV was lacking in watchable anything I popped in a movie I really enjoy - "Spartacus" - 1960 - it was the Criterion Collection release so the picture was just great - This is movie is top notch on so many levels - first and foremost is the cast - Charles Laughton, Peter Ustinov, Jean Simmons, Laurence Olivier, John Gavin and Kirk Douglas.
The direction is great, and the score is one of the best.
The picture was nominated for six Academy awards and won four.

There you go - I am running behind this morning so I will sign off for now -
Thanks for stopping by!!!!!

Take care,
edgar

4 comments:

  1. Great progress, I love this square. You and I must be the only ones in America not watching the Olympics, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lots going on with you lately. I should really keep up more with my blog-reading. What a marvelous weekend that must have been. I love festivals of all shapes and sizes. Unfortunately my little corner of the Midwest is totally devoid of any culture what-so-ever. If I bring lasagna to a dinner party I am considered very "ethnic"!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...