Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Rest of the Post....

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends so sorry for the abrupt break yesterday, but Blogger was totally acting up in the oddest ways!!  Oh well, now to continue where I left off ....

Here is an overall shot of "And They Sinned".....


The snap is a bit crooked, but you get the idea.  It is really coming along, but now it must be put away while I finish up a couple of Exchange pieces I have going.
______________

Sunday being baking day, I baked up a "Bourbon, Pecan Pound Cake" - 


I found the recipe over on "Jolts and Jollies" it is a basic pound cake with the twist of Bourbon!!  I truly delicious cake!!!  The only change I will make when i make it again (and I will make it again!!) is to pull back on the glaze - and bit heavy with the Bourbon, but other than that, an excellent cake!!!  Thanks so much Maranda!!!!
______________

Last night I popped open the Hallowe'en candies, and found.....


.......  in the M&M Candy Corn, no "corn."  I guess that they are the colour of candy corn and made with white chocolate.  I really liked them, but I like smooth white chocolate.  They are bigger than regular M&M's and melt really well on the tongue!  I did a little digging on the Internet and find these are the "rare" white chocolate "exclusively at Walmart" type of seasonal M&M's - remember I picked mine up at Walgreen's, not very exclusive!!!  The white chocolate is supposed to be flavoured with candy corn flavour....  whatever, they are tasty and if you find some and like white chocolate, try'em.

The chocolate covered "pumpkin" Peep, was not as good as regular Peeps,  The chocolate was a bland milk chocolate and the marshmallow was orange coloured and pretty flavourless, cute idea, but not much taste....  
____________

I think that about wraps it up for today sports fans!  Thanks for stopping by, and for you continued kind comments and emails!!!  Do stop by again!

Take care,
edgar

21 comments:

  1. Great progress on ATS it looks fab


    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I may try those candy corn M&M's - I love white chocolate and candy corn! (but only Brach's candy corn- I am a candy corn snob. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't realize you stopped abruptly yesterday ... lol! I hope Santa brings me a new brain for Christmas this year : ) The M&Ms look pretty good (I do love white chocolate) but the pound cake looks better : ) I love Peeps but not the chocolate covered ones. What are they thinking?!?!? Peeps are best opened & left ageing on the top of the refrigerator for a week or so, so that they are nice & hard on the outside & chewy on the inside. Hmmm ... gotta get some Peeps ... sans chocolate of course : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ATS is gorgeous!!! I love the fabric you're using -- it looks darker than what I used. That cake looks good as usual -- yummy on nuts and bourbon. lol! As for the candy -- very interesting! I would have preferred some real candy corn to be involved in the M&M's. Oh well. Still sounds good. (I've had blogger act up on me too. Once I thought I'd lost a very very long post. Thankfully I hadn't!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to ignore the foodie portion of your post. Just imagine me with my fingers stuck in my ears and my eyes squeezed tightly shut. I managed to lose 3 pounds in the same two week period that my husband lost 17 pounds [the wretched man!]. However, I will confess that I succumbed to the temptation to place And They Sinned on my wish list for my birthday coming up in September. Having reached near-SABLE, it has been my goal not to buy any new charts this year but it won't count if my husband buys it for me, will it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so what could be wrong about pound cake, pecans, and bourbon!!! nothing that I could think of!!

    Love white chocolate, so will keep an eye out for these M&M's

    ATS is looking great, need to put it on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the cross stitch piece. It looks antique even though I know it's not. At least the picture makes the colors look a bit muted. Anyway, I picked up my candy corn M&Ms last year so it seems like they might be a "special edition" that comes every Halloween. BTW, it's August. How is the Halloween stuff even out yet????

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are making some wonderful progress on ATS. Such a fabulous piece! I need to start that someday.
    Your cake looks so good! Wish I could pop right through this computer screen and have a bite. :)
    Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do beautiful work, and a very fast stitcher! I love white chocolate so I'll have to try the M & M's. Don't like Walmart much so I'll try Walgreens. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gosh you have made me hungry with the cake ..... looks very yummy and wow ATS has grown an awful lot you have been busy :) looks gorgeous :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The ATS sampler is just beautiful!!! That pound cake looks so good. Thanks for the candy review!! I think I'll skip the pumpkin peeps and go for the M&Ms.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW....just WOW.
    Love your ATS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Edgar, next time you make that beautiful cake, stir a little flour into the nuts before you add them to the batter. They will be better distributed throughout the cake. Could you please email a slice to me? I'm sure it was as delicious as it is beautiful.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. ATS is already thud worthy. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am going to be lazy and post comments for all the last 3-4 posts :)
    You really are brave when it comes to conversions. Yes the fruits do look like apples.
    Love your trip pictures, what landscape. Absolutely breath taking. Trying to imagine how it would have been to be there.
    ATS look beautiful and so does your cake, as always :) Love your review of M&Ms.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...that sampler is just gorgeous!
    A cake made with Kentucky's finest...looks yummy. We have toured that distillery several times. It isn't too far from here. We dipped our own bottles in the red wax at the end of the tour.
    Oh I do love white chocolate and I've been craving chocolate lately. I must go on the hunt for them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ATS is moving along nicely. Such a wonderful piece. The cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ATS is stunning!! Certainly will be an heirloom when you've completed it!
    Your cake looks yummy and now I really have to find some of those M&M's!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Edgar

    WOW, as always I warms my soul visit your blog, you're amazing!
    I admire you

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...