Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Quick Movie Post

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends just a quick post this morning.  Since I am still Exchange Stitching I have no snaps of any of that to show, just yet.
____________

Last night there was a Netflix DVD waiting for me in the mail - "55 Days at Peking" - 1963 - starring Charlton Heston, Ava Gardner, David Niven, Flora Robson, John Ireland, Leo Green, Robert Helpmann, Kurt Kasznar and Paul Lukas.

Although the film is based on an actual historical event, as with so many Hollywood Epic Films it does stray from the actual Historical facts quite often.  But all that aside, I have always enjoyed this film and seen it many times.  Here is the overly dramatic period trailer....


The film is about 2 1/2 hours and with tons of over acting, mega-tons of costume changes there is still a pretty good story to found!
________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this old classic in a long time ... I'll have to put it on the Netflix list myself ... overdone or not, I always enjoyed the scene toward the end when the relief army of all the embassy nations marched in to the sound of wildly patriotic music from each country. They sure did know how to do pageantry in those old movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been some time since I have watched this. As you say, a bit over acted...but good. They just do not make them like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you reminded me of a truly old classic that I haven't seen in YEARS! Will have to add this to my watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Another good one to add to my Netflix list. Can't wait to see all of your exchange stitching. :0) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this movie, but it sounds intriguing - I love the classics!

    Have a great Sunday, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...