Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Posting

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends it is a cold and damp Monday here by the Bay - and it was a cold, foggy and damp weekend....  it was supposed to rain, but that never happened.  I spent the weekend doing the usual - and stitching like crazy on Exchanges.

I read over on the HOE that my BBD Ornament for the last round arrived at Kayona's - it got there pretty quickly!!  Here's a snap - 


It is from the 2010 JCS Ornament Issue - I used the recommend Belle Soie on 32ct linen.
______________

I got around to the thrift shops for my weekly fix!!  There was lots of stuff, but not much I wanted to bring home.  I did find...


... a nice little reticulated plate ca. 1900, and a Christmas book that looks pretty good!
___________

Yesterday I made a batch of Rico's favorite cookies.....

.....  peanut butter.  The recipe made a heap of cookies!!  I'll post the that in the morning.

There you go for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again!

Take care,
edgar

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful ornament. I love the finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, your blog is just so dangerous. You now have me craving peanut butter cookies. lol! I hope you get the recipe up so I can show it to my DH and get him to bake me some! Love that exchange piece -- very pretty! Nice thrift finds too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish! Gotta love some PB cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super exchange gift, pretty.
    Gotta love peanut butter, yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your newest ornament is beautiful! You are such a talented person. Keep on posting.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful exchange, Edgar!

    COOKIES! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish...Now all I want is a PB cookie...thanks a lot............

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ornament!

    Those cookies look SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend! Your exchange piece is lovely : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Beautiful stitching as always! And You always find some great things whenever you go thrift shopping! Even if it's a few things! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a beautiful piece which I forgot all about when I saw the cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The ornament is beautiful, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really lovely ornament and some fun treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful ornament!

    For some reason, I'm now hungry for peanut butter cookies. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely stitching and finishing on the ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely ornament you made Edgar! I love that BBD ornie! Very pretty plate you found too! Mmm, Peanut Butter cookies!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...