Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Cookie Post

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends almost the weekend Thursday!!!!  Woo Hoo!!  I can't wait - we have been hearing for a few days about the weather getting warmer, but not here in the city...  I think we are going to get into the low 70's which is perfect weather.....  If i was inclined to drive east for about 30 minutes I could find some 3 digit+ weather, but why would I do that!!  I am sticking to the City for the next few days.
_____________

Since I am not showing any of the stitching I am doing - just yet - I thought I would talk about something we found at Safeway last Saturday.  Let me start off with another tidbit about me and my weirdness'...  I am not really a fan of cookies.  There are a few I love, but as a sweet treat, not a fan.  Of the few cookies I enjoy most of them are homemade and family recipes - but, over the weekend we tried a New cookie from the Keebler Eleves.... "Fudge Stripes - Dark Chocolate"


These dark chocolate cookies with dark chocolate stripes!!  Just super for store bought!!   - and - they are really scrumptious with a cup of coffee or tea! 


You know how I love Dark Chocolate and now I add these to my very short list of cookies from the store that I like!!  They would be tied with my all time favorite cookie - Taffy Cookies from Mother's Cookies.  


Here is a commercial about Taffy cookies from about 15 years ago.....


What's so great about Taffy's is that they are coconut flavoured cookies with a slightly sweet vanilla creme filling!! These are also just super with a cup of tea or coffee!!

I think I'll wrap it up for today.  Thanks for stopping by, and remember to take time to enjoy a cookie!!!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. You are shameless! You have gotten me SO hungry for those cookies ... especially those Taffy ones! In all my moving about the country & all my visits hither & yon I have never seen nor heard of them. Thanks a lot Edgar! I won't be able to do much of anything today because I'll be drooling all over myself thinking about those cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we share similar tastes when it comes to anything sweet (was going to say cookies and candies, but as you also mentioned dark chocolate thought better of it). Have you ever tried dipping a dark chocolate cookie in coffee? Try it if you have not already, absolute yumm. And oreo actually tastes better dipped in coffee as well. Gosh I just had dinner and look at me discussing cookies, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Edgar, we've had these cookies in our house non-stop for the last several months. My son will eat them constantly until we are out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried the dark chocolate ones, but I LOVE the Mother's taffy ones! I had forgotten about those. I haven't bought them in ages. You are quite the enabler. I will be adding them to my grocery list. :0) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Edgar you are relentless! First the M&M's and now cookies.
    I am sitting here with my morning cup of coffee suddenly craving something to dunk in it.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those Taffy cookies! They are a blast from my past because I have not had them since I left California in 1976!! Holey moley!! Dark chocolate look good! thanks for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, yum, yum, all that talk of cookies has made me need a cuppa and a sugar fix! Enjoy your weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm like you - although I have a terribly sweet tooth, I'm not a huge cookie fan - I do like Tim Tam's though - have you tried them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowsers! I love ATS - just catching up with my blog friends...been way too involved in the Olympics the last two weeks to even take a peek at what everyone has been stitching, cooking, doing. I just tried Oreo Coconut Fudge Crisp cookies - omg - yum! I saw the cc m&m's but have not tried...I jsut get a bag now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must admit I'm not a huge store bought cookie fan but those dear elves do make a chocolate mint cookie I love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Edgar Edgar Edgar: You are such a terrible tease, I love any cookies, I am not much of a baker and seeing these cookies makes me want to fly to Cali and buy up all the yummy cookies you have displayed on your web page, anything taffy is yummy in my book.
    We can buy the fudge stripes but the taffy cookies I have not found here in Minnesota.

    Hugs

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Edgar, you really must stop teasing us with all these wonderful goodies you find. lol Now I have another thing on my grocery list - those dark chocolate cookies sound just delightful. Hmmm, cookies, a pot of tea and some stitching... what a great way to spend the day. Luv ya, please keep up the good work finding all the yummies for us to drool over. Louise

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...