Friday, August 24, 2012

A Friday Treat

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends I wanted to thank you all so much for all the kind comments and emails!!!  I love reading them  - and as I have said before - they are like little pats on the back and hugz from distant friends!!
___________

I had a couple of questions I'll try to answer, and hope I am not repeating myself,  The orange and black plaid Quaker kitty in the back is from a chart by The Workbasket and called "Quaker cat and Mouse" it is stitched 1 over 1 and finished as a floss holder. The Needle roll is, I think a JBW Design - but I am not sure.  The Owl ornament and Black "frightened" kitty pin pillow in front are both Prairie Schooler charts.  There was also a question I was asked in a few emails about all the stitched smalls....  these are all from Exchanges I have been in, I stitched nary a stitch.  It makes them that much more special as I can look at the basket and know it is a basket of friendship and kindness......  a little sappy but true!
__________

More kindness arrived through the mail yesterday..... a little back story...  a while back I was contacted by another stitcher asking if I had an OOP chart. I said I would check, and I did still have the chart and whisked it into the mail. 

 Well, yesterday the chart arrived back, but in a box and not an envelope...  Jane had included a treat she made... 


... a scrumptious jar of her homemade raspberry jam!!  Along with the jam was a great set of really cute recipe cards.  How sweet was that!!!!!  I know first hand how hard some charts are to find and if I can, I try to help out others - as I have been helped......  just passing along a kindness.  Thanks you so much Jane for your thoughtfulness!!!!
____________

That's about it for the week, still stitching on an exchange, hopefully I'll get it finished up this weekend - and then I'll have a finishing up evening.  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again.... have a great weekend!

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. Love your goodies in the mail. I am ready for Fall too! Some of these cooler days recently seen like Autumn. But do you realize that the holiday season zooms into gear right after Labor Day? Yikes! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, again I have quite a few posts to catch up :) Going to be lazy (as usual) and comment for the last few posts here
    Very very pretty ornaments and exchanges. Do you have the chart that you used to make the ornament for Kayona? Could you share if you do not mind? It is very pretty, and do not think I've seen it anywhere.
    The peanut butter cookies look absolutely yumm. This is in my to-bake list now.
    Wow, love the plate you picked up at the thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very sweet of you to share the chart with the lady, and then it was also very sweet of her to send you some goodies. I think stitchers are just lovely people. Always willing to help each other out and support one another. :)

    Wishing you a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a sweetie Jane is! I'm sure you will post about the lusciousness of her raspberry jam when you give it a try : ) I agree ... it's nice to have stitchings displayed which people have given you as gifts. They are indeed reminders of friendship & kindness. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most stitchers are the nicest people. It is always fun to see what goodies you have received as what goes around comes around. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of Jane to send you the jam and cards. And you were so kind to lend her that chart. Yes, stitchy friends are the best!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were so sweet to share your chart and it was sweet of Jane to send you such wonderful goodies in return!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stitchers are among the kindest and most thoughtful people I've ever met!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Edgar - I always enjoy reading your blog. Thanks so much for sharing with all of us! I was reading about your being able to help sometimes with OOP charts. I have been looking, to no avail, for the Blackbird Designs Quaker Garden chart. It doesn't come up on eBay very often, and when it does, it's very pricey. I was wondering whether you or someone you know has this chart and would be able to lend it to me for some appropriate time. Thanks very much for anything you can do - Kate (kcarr@schwabe.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the email concerning the two Halloween ornies Edgar. It was above and beyond any kindness I could have asked for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy - that raspberry jam sounds so delish, and how sweet of you to share your OOP chart!

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...