Thursday, August 2, 2012

September Cottage

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends another week rolls by and it's almost Friday - can I get a Whoop-Whoop!!!!  Although the temps here is the City are hovering in the high 50's low 60's (depending on where in the City you are)  we are going to get a bit cooler over the weekend...  low 50's, lots of fog....  and unless I can find some great Estate Sales I gonna just stay in and stitch and watch movies!!!  After two weeks of nothing, zilch, Nada - I am not feeling it a the moment to hassle with the traffic and parking issues to go shopping....  but who knows, come Saturday morning I might just feel it and go anyway!!
_______________

Anywho - the mail has brought me a little tasty treat - CCN September Cottage - and I pulled the recommended floss and then hauled out my over dyed stash floss and here is my conversion.........


On the right are the called for DMC choices (a bit on the orange side for me) I converted them to the following:

DMC 349 to GAST Geranium
DMC 351 to GAST Rhubarb
DMC 729 to WDW Marigold
DMC 3031 to CC Caterpillar
 DMC B5200 for the White
Keeping -
 WDW Pecan and WDW Grasshopper

I found I have 3 skeins of Rhubarb and each skein is very different - I chose the lightest of the three.  I like the idea of using a redder red - and Geranium will work nicely - since I presume that the "fruit" on "September" are apples, I think it will be nicer than the coral called for.

Last night I stitched a bit on an Exchange piece, but also stitched some on ATS...  no snap of either.
__________________

Just a quick mention, TCM started of "The Summer Under the Stars" month long star a day festival yesterday with a day long tribute to John Wayne.  Today it is a day long tribute to that wonderful actress, Myrna Loy!!


This weekend the focus is on Marilyn Monroe, Saturday and Claude Rains on Sunday.  You can click on over to the TCM site for the complete schedule.  One of the Super Months at TCM!!!!
_______________

That's about it for today sports fans!!  Thanks for stopping by, and for you great comments and emails!!  Do stop again.

Take care,
edgar

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great promotion on TCM! Almost makes me wish I had TV ... lol! (I have a TV ... we just don't watch it except for DVDs.) Myrna is one of my favorite actresses. I love the Thin Man series : ) Enjoy that wonderful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the colors for this cottage?! Hope all the Chis are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your changes, they are gorgeous and I can't wait to see it's progress.
    Hugs Kid
    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your cottages with the conversion for the new one. Makes such a pretty picture! I just discovered that we have TCM -- I could have sworn we didn't have it before. So I'm a happy camper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cottages are looking great! Makes me wish I had TCM. Myrna Loy is my favorite. I own the complete Thin Man set and my dog's name is Asta! Maybe I'll do my own little film festival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Edgar: Your color changes are lovely, I love John Wayne, I have all his movies he is my Hero, I was to his boyhood home in Winterset Iowa a few years back very small but very lovely.
    I am watching Tcm today, I am working at home this week so movie time is something I cane do as I work, lucky me.
    I hope Rico is doing better.

    Blessings

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely conversion for September Edgar! I like your plans to stitch and watch movies this weekend!! That's what I wish I could do!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoop-whoop!
    I like your conversion choices.
    I will be watching (or at least setting the DVR for Myrna Loy). Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving these cottages! And your conversion is wonderful- I too prefer using overdyeds vs DMC on things like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh - I love that cottage - the red/pinks are gorgeous!

    Thanks for the heads up about the MM marathon - I love her movies!

    I can't believe the temperatures you are experiencing - I've spent much of the past 2 weeks in Chicago, and it's been very hot and humid - I could do with some temperatures in the 60s!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Edgar, Sorry I have not been around much, busy busy! but I have tried to check out your blog and your doings when I can. Your cottages are coming out awesome. And thanks for the heads up on the TCM schedule, Myrna Loy is my fave, and who doesn't love Marilyn Monroe? I have been watching the Seven Year Itch a few times over the past few months. I will be setting the DVR for sure during these next few days :) Have a great weekend! Wish I could get some of that chilly weather here, only constant heat waves here on the East Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is going to be just lovely stitched on the same cloth, when done, Edgar! Can't wait to see your fini! Have a great week! Gotta love Myrna Loy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted you to know that I tried the 'Donut Muffins' recipe -- great! This was easy
    to make and the muffins were amazing! I took some to work where they were greatly received
    and quickly disappeared. Thanks for sharing this and your other recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wasn't Myrna Loy just SO pretty? I always enjoyed her. Have a great weekend whether you stay in or go sale hopping.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun getting goodies in the mail, huh! My dad could have really enjoyed a day (or even a weekend) long tribute to John Wayne! He was a big big fan. During his last months, I would go sit with him only to discover he was watching an old JW flick on tv!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I had temps of 50s and 60s here, I would be OUTSIDE!!!!! Be happy to send you some of my 110 temps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your cottage conversions. I have started August and am doing a yellow house and using the new DMC variations Mediterranean Sea for the waves. Hope to get done fairly soon....but another project has taken my interest and its' nearly done.

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...