Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Exchange mailed and some Quaker Christmas

I am mailing my first SBEB - "Specific Designer Exchange - LHN" this morning. This is my first exchange and I hope the recipient enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it. I will post a snap as soon as I know that they got the package as it has quite a way to go.....


Last night while watching Shogun (since there is nothing on the TV to watch anymore!!!) I worked on Quaker Christmas. I know that it was VoHRH night but I felt the need to finish up the large snowflake that I had started on Sunday. Here is a snap of the progress.



I had a question from Barbara yesterday about the floss I am using. I am using the recommended Crescent Colours overdyed floss. This dark green is called Balsam Fir. There are spotted motifs that call for Ye Olde Gold and Cupid which are a bright yellow and bright red, they will really pop when this is finished. I did change the linen to a gray flecked piece of fabric the model used a pale light beige for the linen. I am VERY happy with sticking to the dark green as I really prefer darker colours. This shade of green is coming off as almost black green!!!

I need to stitch up the lottery piece and get started on the next exchanges.... so much to do and here it is Thanksgiving!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Edgar, your Quaker Christmas start is really pretty! I'm planning on starting soon too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular design caught my eye, though I doubt I'll have time to stitch it anytime soon. Glad you'll be sharing your progress on it. The floss color looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I remember the post with the CC Balsam Fir now - I was drawing a blank last night. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on your new start! Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I am sure your exchange will be well received wherever it is going. So glad you joined the SBEBB with us!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...