Thursday, July 3, 2014

Thrifty Thursday.....

Gentle friends, today is really my Friday, as we are off for the Holiday tomorrow - my plan is to finish up the Colonial Gathering piece this weekend.  I think I know the reason it is taking so long for me to get it done, lots of "white" stitching - but I may be using that as an excuse - how about just a slacker stitcher!!  Here's a snap of the bits I picked up last weekend.....

..... from l-r, a book about Edward VI, Henry VIII's son by Jane Seymour, a great, reticulated sterling footed cake plate, and some DVD's, the complete "The Vicar of Dibley" series,  "Titan A.E.," - 2000, "The Year Without Santa Claus" 1974 and "The Shores of Tripoli" 1942.  This weekend there are a couple of Estate Sales so it should be some fun pickins'.

I really enjoy the James Bond franchise films and so with that in mind........I wanted to leave you with a super video of Dame Shirley Bassey singing one of her signature songs......


_________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again, and I'll be back next week!!

Take care,
edgar

15 comments:

  1. There are very few "voices", I can count them on one hand. These new singers just don't cut it with me......Happy Fourth, be safe and enjoy the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely holiday weekend Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finds...I love the Dibley series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always find such fun stuff! I don't think you are a slacker stitcher at all - "white stitching" is hard for me too! Have a very Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are so lovely..
    Happy weekend hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great treasures! I don't know what it is about white stitching. I have trouble Making it look good! I don't see any snow scenes in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Vicar of Dibley! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I'm Mister White Christmas, I'm Mister Snow!!"

    Too much. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see Colonial Gathering when it's done. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fantastic haul! Estate sales to come -- have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The complete Vicar of Dibley? Now that is a great find. I always enjoyed that series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Vicar of Dibley series! Great finds! Enjoy your 4th holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love the Vicar of Dibley : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love the book that you bought plus all of the Movies that you got as well. You are so lucky to go to different estate sales and other places and you find the neatest stuff to buy and all of the great movies and all of the great books. I just love reading your Blog just for that reason. As always your stitching is sure beautiful too.

    Have a Beautiful Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've only watched a few of the Vicar of Dibley episodes--so very funny! But I adore the beautiful theme music. I actually ordered it for my choir!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...