Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Blueberry Scones

Gentle Friends, I was in a total blueberry mood last week and knew that what ever I was going to make on Sunday was going to have some of these delicious berries.  So, as I often do I started looking at the Baking Blogs I read and found a super recipe at Sally's Baking Addiction that would fill the bill.  A super recipe for Blueberry Scones, that came together quite fast and baked up quite delicious!!!!  The biggest problem I have with scones is they are often hard, dry and tasteless - so I was leary of trying to make some - but after reading Sally's Blog for a while I knew she wouldn't lead me astray, and throwing caution to the wind I copied down the ripe and forged ahead.  I only had to get two ingredients to make these as most of the things required I already had stocked in the kitchen - the two things being blueberries and cream (I choose heavy whipping cream, the richer the better!!)  Here are some snaps along the way.......  the dry ingredients....

... adding the grated frozen butter, and great way to incorporate the fat into the dry......

a quick whisk of the wet ingredients....

.... folding in the blueberries...

.... a ball of "scone dough"....

....  flattened out into an 8" disc.... sprinkled with regular sugar (I couldn't find my course sugar) and cut ready for the oven....

hot out of the oven.....

... a little glaze and there you go, delicious scones!!!

I will certainly be making these again - next time using various fruits and nuts and chocolate chips......  
_____________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

16 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I love scones but, like you, have had a problem with them being dry and somewhat tasteless. I think the heavy whipping cream solves the problem. I'm going to try these. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making Blueberry Scones too! Did you put cinnamon in them? My DH did not care for that so I skip that spice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I opened your blog this morning and we had the same idea. As I write this my scones are cooling waiting for me to drizzle on the icing. I cant wait to try them. I have had Sally's site book marked for a while and have made some of her cookies. Hope we both enjoy these scones.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! They look wonderful! Maybe I can persuade DH to try to bake them. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will you please pass on the recipe!
    IT sounds great. Yours certainly look great!

    JHM
    http://needleworkerssamplings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be right over Edgar... just wait until I organise a passport, visa and plane ticket :@
    Libbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    my mouth is watering..lol...........
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE scones - and will definitely need to make these after seeing how perfectly yours turned out, Edgar. Thanks for sharing the link to this recipe. Never tried that trick of freezing the butter before combining it with the dry ingredients - but will have to give it a whirl. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just brought home a whole bunch of blueberries from my mom's house. I have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have nine blueberry bushes. Five had to be replaced this year. Look for blueberry boy bait. The recipe where the egg whites are folded in. It is amazing and always gets rave reviews. Your scones look deliscious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's only one word for this ... YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have inspired me. I'll be making these this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...