Monday, July 7, 2014

A Colonial Gathering Stitchin' Finish

Gentle Friends, over the weekend I completed what I set out to complete, the most recent Colonial Gathering piece called "Cotton Bird."  There is a small mistake that in the finished photograph is one way and on the chart another, I catch it until after I had ironed the piece, as it was kind of a glaring blob of green......

.......it is the white cotton blossom in the upper vine, it is charted as a solid green diamond shape, and does stand out a bit.  I went back and frogged it out and re-stitched it in with the white and it does look much better.  It will be winging it's way to Faye for finishing in the next day or two.
_____________

That's about it for today sports fans, I hope everyone had a super 4th, and a great weekend!!!  More stitching tomorrow......
Take care,
edgar

21 comments:

  1. I think I might have stitched the 'glaring blob' as you called it, in the red colourway to match the flowers on the same vine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish! Love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice finish. I really like the colors in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a Happy 4th too! Wish they offered this as a pattern without joining a club - your finish is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice finish, it is rare that I don't change something on the piece I am stitching. Sorry to all those wonderful designers....but.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic finish! You did a wonderful job. I love the colors. The blue bird caught my eye first. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish of this odd little piece! The 'glaring blog' is white on PSS sample page, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried to leave a comment, and it seemed like it wasn't working. If this is a duplicate just ignore me! Your finish is absolutely gorgeous Edgar! I wish they would offer this pattern without having to belong to a club. Glad you had a Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finish Edgar! I really like the polka dotted house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow it's so beautiful..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely finish. Your stitching is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful finish, and I do like what you did with the flower you fixed. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful finish and I love the change you made! Congrats on reaching your goal of finishing it this weekend - I always *grossly* underestimate how much time something will take.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the white "blob" on top. It ties in with the lightness of the rest of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is just beautiful. It will be fun to see what Faye does with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's beautiful! Love the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks wonderful. :) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fanastic finish Edgar. I look forward to seeing what Faye does with it :) I have a few pieces headed out to her also.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...