Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thursday Thrifting and Something Delicious!!!

Gentle Friends, I am still stitching every evening but all I'm working on are lots and lots of pale green leaves, so a snap would be totally boring, so I'll hold off until Monday with an updated SMS snaperoo.

Saturday was spent running around Thrifting... and I did find a couple of things....

... a couple of books and a fun Christmas DVD.  The glass book replaces one that I loaned out a few years ago and never got back, and the Four Sisters books is just a great little read.
___________

After Mass on Sunday we skedaddled on over to the Mission for breakfast and decided to stop at San Jalisco,

....a really great family run place off the beaten track that serves top notch traditional Mexican fare.  Within seconds of sitting down a basket of warm chips and salsa arrive.  They are made in house and keep you crunching away whilst you peruse the menu.......

... we both decided to have the regular Chilaquiles.... 


and they arrived with a side of rice and the house refried beans - a delicious breakfast!!  I order chilaquiles all the time and at lots of different places we get breakfast and it amazes me how many different variations there is of this very basic fare.  A little shout out to Rico, his version of this dish is top notch, but isn't it nice to go out to eat and to have someone else cook and clean up!!
______________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you always make me so hungry! lol! I wish we had a first rate Mexican place around here. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Christmas book, & Mexican food ... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful you were able to find a replacement for loaned book. I do miss living near a city as there are no restaurants anywhere near me - I would love someone to cook and clean up for me once in a while!! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it frustrating to loan something out and never get it back? Glad you found a replacement. That dish sounds and looks yummy ~ haven't heard of or had that before!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...