Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Little Mall Shopping.....

Gentle Friends, you know the kind of shopping I like, the unknown, hunt and gather, finding a treasure at a thrift shop kind.... and you can't really do that at the Mall. 

 We went out to the Mall, actually Stonestown Mall, there are a few "Malls" in and around the Bay area - Stonestown is out in what would pass for the burbs here in SF, to get some summer clothes for our little great-niece.   There was a super sale at Macy's and I had a discount coupon they sent me - AND - they have a big selection of Hello Kitty  - which we ended up with pile of Hello Kitty stuff......  then we headed to the food court for dinner - which after getting there we decided on Hot Dog on a Stick and fries with limeade.... but on the way to that classy dinner we passed a shoe store called Journey's, and they had a big display of Converse shoes on sale, which stopped me dead in my tracks. 
 After perusing the shoes for a bit I decided I had to have these......

....... the "Owl" pair was the last they had in the store and I took them with me, the "Skulls" pair they only had a size 8, and believe me my big old foot is a couple of sizes bigger than that - so I had the sales guy order me a pair  - and it was free shipping - the guy told me it would be a week to 10 days until they came, they got to me in 3 days.   Now, I certainly don't need any more Converse, but aren't these great shoes!!!   - and - I justified the purchase in my mind by rationalizing it this way.......... since they were on sale that it was like I was getting two pair fro one price!
______________

That's about it for today of my silliness!!  Thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. I like your reasoning in having the two pairs....the owl ones are real cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't been to a mall in ages, but now I see what I've been missing. Love the Converse selection! I must have those owls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now, it sure sounds like you had a great day shopping...those sneakers are a hoot...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE my chucks too... These are the very best shoes in all the world... Fun and comfy. GREAT choices!!!!! I am looking for a pair OS the owls for me now... How awesome!,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cute shoes!!!I especially like the owls but then the skeletons would be perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Converse are so much fun! You definitely needed to get them. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nonsense Edgar, you can NEVER have too many Cons. Love the sugar skull pair, I've never seen those in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Edgar: wow love them shoes, the owls are a hoot (one of my favorite words) I love tennis shoes, so comfy.
    A hotdog on a stick is that like a corndog?

    Blessings

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shoes are 'da bomb, Edgar :)
    I'm acting like my kids...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Converse! Especially the sugar skulls pair - I love red and black. They make me think of Mardi Gras too. I like your thought process on getting two pairs as it makes total sense to me!

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...