Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thrifty Thursday

Gentle Friends, last Saturday we ran around to the shops and hit a great Estate Sale.... 
 and I found a few fun things.....

....  from the top left moving clockwise...  a nice sized Royal Copley "Ivy" vase, a super vintage acid etched Baccarat decanter with an older silver plate "whiskey" liquor label, a great 19th century large luster-ware mug, an older great condition Hemingway and a handeless transfer ware mulberry tea cup.  Some great stuff!!  You know I love the chase, and when I can find something fun it is even better!!!

That's about it for today sports fans - thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. Nice finds again Edgar! I love the transferware!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thrifting posts since I am something of a collector myself, but on a much smaller scale.

    But, as a faithful reader of your blog for some years now, I have to wonder ... wherever do you find the room for all your finds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great finds! The teacup is my personal favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww great finds but the mug is so lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds as always. I love the tea cup. I am always partial to them even though I like my tea in a mug. The decanter is beautiful also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a successful thrifting week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! But where do you store all these things?
    I am tiding up my attic, shall I send something? LOL!
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Edgar! I have that same vase! I bought it at a church sale for 50 cents! I had no idea. Thank you for the information. I love my vase now.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...