Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Visit to Japantown

Gentle Friends, over the weekend we made a run across town to one of my favorite destinations, Japantown.  Although it is a bit touristy, and cheesy, there are some really nice things to see, do and buy.  It is also the only place in town that carries the incense I like....  


 The main shopping is broken into two big malls connected by a plaza with.....


... this five tiered concrete Peace Pagoda.   The incense place I always stop at is Asakichi Incense .....


.... it is a small shop and really fascinating with wonderful smelling things - I prefer direct burning solid sticks and coils - and - if you buy something they'll stamp your parking ticket, saves you $2, if you've parked in the underground lot!! 

One of the great features are all the eatin' places.....  there are dozens both large and small - and just every one of them have food displays near the front door....
... of the menu items made out of rubber, this is one of the more elaborate ones... since we where there at about lunch time we stopped at a small place we hadn't tired before.  They had a Bento Box Lunch special...

.... from a list of choices you picked two...  I had prawn and calamari tempura and a beer......  Rico had.....

... vegetable tempura and teriyaki chicken.....  It was a great afternoon - and I would highly recommend a quick visit if you ever get to SF.
_____________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Looks soooo yummy! I love your little outings and the lovely food you always manage to find. Great pics of japantown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a neat place! Would love to visit and have some sushi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful part of town. Isn't it great to live in a place with so much diversity?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the Kinokuniya bookstore at J-town. Of course, for the myriad of Japanese crafting books there. I can stand there for HOURS looking at and flipping through all those craft books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love traditional Japanese cuisine, soooo good and always pretty presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you tell us which incense is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Now I'm hungry for Japanese and I just finished dinner. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I have a teenage daughter who would love a visit to Japan town, and I would take her if possible just to try the delicious looking food. x

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...