Friday, January 23, 2015

Two Terrific Tongues

Gentle Friends, as you may remember a couple of years ago we had a bad night with the Peach, she collapsed at about 3 AM one Sunday morning and we rushed her to the Veterinary Emergency room - and when I say rush, I mean running the red lights kind of rush!!  After multiple tests and a couple of days of worry, we found that our little old lady who hound had some heart issues.  So for the last two years morning and evening she gets her pills (well hidden in a lump of ground up chicken).......

...... Dr Williams (Peaches' heart Doctor) has not had to change the low dosage of the three pills in all this time - he told us that is very unusual.  We take her in for blood work and x-rays about every 6 months, and Wednesday she had another "check up" - and she is doing "the best of the best" the Dr's words.  No change in the medication - and her x-rays look super, no change what so ever in her heart, and she eats and drinks water normally and poops a'plenty - so no change there.  It was only the blood work we were waiting to hear about and Dr Williams called yesterday and everything is doing super de duper all liver panels normal with one actually better than last time!!!  We couldn't be happier!!  For a 13 (I say 14) year old - she was the first rescue so we're not too sure - she is the bees knees!! 

 I took the snap last night and what you see is my usual evening view.....  a couple of hounds half asleep waiting to hear someone in the kitchen dropping a piece of bacon, or a ham or turkey or just any ole thing they can snack on!!!
____________________

That wraps up the week sports fans, thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

21 comments:

  1. So cute...that is awesome news about the Peach! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Hope Peaches is feeling better. You will have to give her a few extra treats and hugs this weekend :) Love the photo of the "tongues"!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Peach is a very loved Who Hound--rescues are just the best.

    I am a firm believer they give more to us than we ever give to them. So happy she is doing well

    Rock on Peach

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news from the vet! I must admit my heart dropped when j first started reading - thank goodness it was all good instead! Please give Peach an extra scratch behind her ears from me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful to hear about the positive check-up! I live with an animal friend who has a chronic health condition too, so know what a relief every excellent check-up and lab results is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sound to me like she may have cooked up something with her Vet...so she gets ground
    chicken twice a day...hahaha. Glad all is well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her name certainly fits her .... she's a little peach alright! Glad the news is all good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute babies. So glad to hear she is doing so well. I agree with Mary, definitely a way to get some extra treats. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are adorable! So happy Peach is doing so well. I had to say goodbye to my precious furbaby last week and I am absolutely devastated. Please, everyone, give your babies extra hugs and kisses today, I so wish I could do the same with my Reggie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news and your care of her certainly contributes to that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear that Peach is doing well! Such a cute pic of these two just dreaming about a treat.
    Cathy
    CraftyCat

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is excellent news! You obviously take good care of your pups. Love that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute picture! So glad to hear Peach had a great Dr.'s appointment! The best news!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great news about how well Peaches is doing! Our Peaches was our first rescue and she had so many medical issues, but she lived with us for over 15 years and she was the only one from her litter that lived longer than a couple of years. Keep those furry babies happy & spoiled, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great news about the peach, I bet it's a weight off your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet..this is a great news my dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dearest Edgar: I love hearing about the Who Hounds, they are so sweet.
    I hope Peach continues to get better.
    Love the sofa and pillows.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am happy to hear that Miss Peach is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What good news on Miss Peach. She's a doll, and I'm glad she is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad the Peach got a good report! Love the snap of those two. I know just what you mean, Miss Shelby can hear the crinkle of a sack from the other side of the house. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those dogs are so sweet and cute! You are really a lucky photographer to get that shot of both tongues!!! HA So glad she's doing well--our pets are our family!!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...