Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Buying Some China

Gentle friends, I thought I'd show you a Christmas present I bought for myself........

..... I found this set of cream soup bowls and liners on the bay of evil - they were a super price and I just couldn't pass them up.  At Replacements they are really expensive per set, so when I ran across them I had to have them.  The pattern is called "Lace" and was made by Castleton China.  This expands my mom's wedding china and although I inherited quite lot of it - for some reason there were never cream soup bowls to the set - and I knew I could use them..........

......  "Lace" was first introduced in 1954 so it was quite a new pattern in 1955 when my parents were married - they have a real 50's feel to them - IMHO - the combination cream china, grey base and pink and white Queen Anne's lace flowers with platinum banding look great on the table.
___________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by.

Take care,
edagr

17 comments:

  1. Awesome! The dishes are beautiful and have much more meaning since they match your parents china. Great Find

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! I love the pop of pink. Congrats on adding to china set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful pattern, Edgar. Quite a find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pattern, love the lace, even thought it looks like snow flakes. Great find" on the bay".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful find! I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say that even for today the china pattern is beautiful! I think its timeless and so elegant!
    Great find! love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look gorgeous!Good for you!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are no coincidences, dear
    Edgar.... They were meant for you.
    Beautiful set. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a find! I know you'll set a beautiful table with your mom's pretty dishes. I, too, hit the Bay Of Evil and bought the china pattern my mom had as I was not able to inherit her pattern. It reminds me of her every time I use it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pieces have such a pretty shape!Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Edgar! What a great find and even more special since it matches your mom's set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful pattern. I'm so glad you were able to add to your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are just gorgeous. Great find and even better that they expand a set you already have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are just lovely! A great addition to your mom's set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are beautiful! What a great find. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. BEAUTIFUL!!
    I also use the BAY of Evil to add to my great-grandmother's set I inherited!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...