Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Little Thrifting

Gentle Friends, last Saturday - while Rico was enjoying ill health and hacking his lungs out at home - I went on my merry way to visit my regular thrifty haunts  - and - two estate sales..... 
finding a few fun things.....


.......  from l to r - a set of four Russian plates c. 1900 - Imperial Porcelain from the Gardner Factory near Moscow, a Bunnykins cereal bowl from Royal Doulton, a Christmas DVD I didn't have (if you can believe that) and a St. Hilda of Whitby.  
________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. Those Russian plates are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Those Russian plates are beautiful. And Deck the Halls is a good xmas movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitby Abbey, set on the cliffs above a beautiful picturesque fishing harbour, was founded by St Hild and is a favourite place to visit, often on a snowy Christmas Eve. It's only about an hour away from my home. Irene xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, Edgar! Poor Rico, hope he's feeling better soon! Love all your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Rico is feeling better. I love that bunnykins bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! I hope Rico is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Rico, hope he is better soon.

    Great finds. I too scored a Royal Doulton while shopping around at thrift sops on Colorado.
    I found a 8" figurine ~ paid 6.50 ~ retails for 250.00. She is in perfect condition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great,great finds! Bunnykins bowl ... wonderful.
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds Edgar.
    I grew up in the North East of England, St Hild was one of a triumverate of major saints in the area (along with St Bede and St Cuthbert).
    My grandmother was actually named Hilda, never had any relatives called Bede or Cuddy as far as I know though :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some great finds! Hope Rico is feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those Russian plates are so lovely!
    I have a Bunnykins 2 handle cup that was my son's. It's in perfect condition because I never let him use it! If I had it to do over, I would let him--I was young and scared it would get broken!! Should have let him enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...