Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thursday Thrifting

Gentle Friends, we made the thrift/consignment shop rounds over the weekend - and with no estate sales it was pretty slim pickings until......

..... we found this super folk painting from Mexico.  Called "Tras Mariposas" (After Butterfly's) I'm pretty sure it was bought by someone on vacation and then just tossed in a closet when they got home - as it had no frame and was in pretty dirty condition.  So I wiped it off and the colours popped - I already had this frame and it fit nicely so now we are living with it on the wall.

I also found a couple of pieces of pottery - a new Dedham Pottery piece and a older Royal Copley vase - and a great DVD copy of  "The Iron Giant."  It's always fun to find a couple of things.
______________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. I love that painting! I'm so glad it has been rescued and given a bit of TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dedham pottery piece. I have been collecting it for years when I find a bargain. Love the sweet bunny design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy, uplifting painting..
    no coincidence it found its way
    to you guys.....can't have a gloomy day with that on the wall..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great painting is it oil?AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a town in the UK called Dedham, very picturesque. It's in the area where the artist Constable came from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN painting! The frame is perfect for it, too! It really is cheerful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun finds Edgar, especially the beautiful and very colorful Mexican painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will look for you on future "Road Shows" finding out that your painting is worth thousands!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors in that painting are so vibrant, and with that frame that you had at home already....it was like it was just waiting for you to find it :)
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! What great finds! Love the Dedham piece! Love that painting too! DS and I watched The Iron Giant many times when he was young. It was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing your thrift shop finds!

    That picture has such vibrant colors….looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great painting! WOW! It certainly does pop of color and its wonderful. The frame is perfect for it. It does look like its worth thousands!!!
    Great find!

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...