Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Christmas Gift Arrives in the UK

GR&DF here I am again for a second post today!! It is super slow and I am not posting for two days so I thought I should post again.

I heard from Andrea that my Christmas Gift I sent her through the "Christmas Gifts Between Friends" exchange had arrived. Here is snap.....

I did the Yule Sampler from Primitive Needle and finished it into a Yule Box. It is stitched on a Solo piece of Linen from Silweavers using the recommended WDW floss. I wanted to do a little twist away from a traditional colour ground and this worked very nicely. Here is a snap of the inside....


The extras I included were some Godiva chocolates, a couple of skeins of Belle Soie silks a piece of Christmas fabric and a couple of fun California treats. I lined the box with a nice simple low key fabric that I think compliments the exterior. I was really happy with the way it turned out and Andrea is pleased so everything is still - right with the world!!!

Once again Dear Friends..... Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Take care,
edgar

25 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous finish! :)

Laurie in Iowa said...

It's beautiful!

Marian said...

You really do take great photos! And your stitchin' ain't half bad, either.

Going to Houston for the holidays and am going to visit 3 Stitches. It's just down the street from my son and family and is HUGE!!

Jennifer said...

How beautiful! I would love to know how you attached the piece to the box. I'm too chicken to try it myself unless it is "dummy proof"! =)

Srinity said...

It is so beautiful I bet she was over the moon when she received it.

DonnaTN said...

What a beautiful box! The whole thing is lovely.

Teresa S. said...

I am awestruck by that gorgeous gift! What a lucky girl! Where did you find that box?

Margaret said...

Wow! That is wonderful! What a beautiful gift you made for her. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Kellie said...

That is beautiful!!!

Jennifer said...

You should do a tutorial on your finishing for this wonderful gift! I would love to know where you got the box as I am doing something similar for a gift.
As usual love to read your blog and see your fantastic projects/gifts, and pictures. have a wonderful holiday!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautifully stitched and finished!

Berit said...

How stunning is this! Hallow Sampler is on my wishlist, and this is equally fine. Edgar, you make the most fabulous boxes!! I also love how you sometimes include poppy seeds in your exchanges. I've always wanted to grow poppies--so pretty. I wonder If I could do it in a planter...

Well, I bought the foxes' colours today for Fox Forrest...I'm planning to see if they look good on that piece of 36 ct meadow lark I'm treasuring! Well, the oven beckons; hope all is well with your preparations for Thanksgiving dinner!

Nancy said...

A beautiful gift you made!

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Carol R said...

Gorgeous Christmas box - I am sure Andrea was really pleased to receive it!

Loraine said...

What a fantastic box! Wonderful finishing. I love this design.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Janice said...

Great Finish! I have a couple of pieces I should use on a box of this type but I never get around to it. Maybe I'll be inspired. Happy Thanksgiving!

Olive Wood Cross said...

It's beautiful!!!Great idea!

Andrea said...

Not only was I happy, but I was absolutely over the moon! Confession...I've started on the chocolates now...yummy. :)

Have a great Thanksgiving!

CindyMae said...

What a wonderful exchange!!

Lula said...

Happy Thanksgiving

Beautiful box

x

Patti said...

Edgar it didn't just work out nicely - IT WORKED OUT PERFECTLY and is just too gorgeous for words.
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Siobhan said...

Lovely finish!

Brigitte said...

I've seen this on Andrea's blog. It's a very beautiful piece, so nicely stitched and adorably finished.

Michelle said...

What a beautiful gift.. I have this stitched up but not framed and I LOVE what you did with the box.. what are the dimensions or where did you purchase the box?

You do wonderful stitching!

Kielrain said...

I saw this one on her blog. I loved it. Now I can tell you too! That is great piece and an amazing finish.