Monday, July 24, 2017

A Little Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, I finished up the last Block on the second row... "Septemeber"....  here's a snap.


... this square is all about education, I was the third in my family to graduate from East Carolina University...  so I put the years my Grandmother, my parents and when I graduated...  I shifted lots of the floss to Purple and Gold - they are the school colors, the tree looks kind of like a long needle pine tree, which is all over Eastern NC so I left it alone, I changed up the house to a "Carolina Blue" color, which is a reference to UNC where I did Graduate work... so it's sort of an ode to North Carolina and Higher Education!  Here are the specific changes I made:

 I stitched the Quaker motifs on the left and the Algerian Eyes in CC Cappucino 
The Butterfly is stitched using GAST Ye Olde Gold, Old Purple Paint, and Butternut Squash
The Heart on the right is stitched using GAST Berry Cobbler and CC Queen Bee
The House is CC Rain Shower
The Bricks on the house are GAST Pomegranate
CC Tufted Yellow I changed to GAST Shaker White
The numbers and letters are all GAST Ole Purple Paint
________________

Here's a snap of the entire piece as it stands....


_________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

16 comments:

  1. Great idea to include your schooling years..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking wonderful, such a treasured piece this will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you dedicated this block to education, Edgar. And I really like your color changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. It's always more fun to stitch something that you can make into your own. Love the Carolina Blue for the house....perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your color choices for this block are just perfect and definitely reflect the subject matter. Adding the graduation years of your family is such a cool way to personalize it. The colors in this overall piece are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice! This may be my favorite block with the blue and purple. Have a good week, you and Rico and the who hounds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The personification of what an heirloom should be and made by your own hand to boot.... Your choice of theme and color are perfection...
    Following your progress is so enjoyable....Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Edgar! I love this month's color substitutions and added graduation years. What a great tribute to education, the legacy of your family with the dates added, and the Carolina Blue of the house...amazing.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great changes. This block is perfect for the memories included.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful colours you've chosen to personalise this block. I can't believe how much of this you've stitched!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic stitching and very special personalization, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are lots in the family on my Dad's side that went to ECU. Nice to hear it referred to again.

    JHM

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just incredibly beautiful. I hope you find somewhere special to hang it when it is finished. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is just beautiful Edgar, I love the way you personalize the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I look forward to seeing your projects come alive. Just love your thoughts on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a family legacy. I love the changes you are making to this piece to personalize it. This is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...