Friday, July 21, 2017

A Fine Film

Gentle Friends, I was only a few weeks old when JFK was assassinated in Dallas, TX, I have no first-hand recollection of the event but have grown up hearing and reading about the events of that day and all the repercussions following.  Through the years I've read or been made aware through TV and newsprint of the life being led by the former first lady up until her death in 1994.  Then there was the frenzy that was the auction of her things in the Spring of 1996 - so I've always been interested in the Kennedy administration and the idea of that short time that was once called ... "Camelot"

So I was really excited to see there was a film coming out about "Jackie"  
and the portrayal of her by Natalie Portman.....


....  after seeing the film I was really impressed, it was told from a flashback point of view.  It won many awards and was received by most critics favorably.  I would recommend the film and Natalie's performance is worth a look for sure.
_____________

There you go sports fans, thanks for stoppng by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. I remember that day. And also when my office received news of JFK Jr.'s tragic accident. We flashbacked to the little boy saluting his father's casket, and none of the younger staff understood why it affected us. To them, he was just a good looking guy in People. Will look for the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the movie recommendation. I like her as an actress. I will check this out. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendation Edgar. I am old enough to remember that day well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watched it on a flight. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely want to see this film. I remember that day vividly - in 2nd grade, right after lunch, we were getting ready to take a practice spelling test. The Principal came over the intercom and said school was dismissed. Our teacher was crying. I came home to see my mom watching the news on TV. That memory is burned in my brain and will probably never disappear. Thanks for sharing your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review.. definitely want to see this movie now

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seemed to want a little more from this film. I wasn't around yet at the time that all of this took place and I just wanted more specific. However, I think Natalie Portman's performance was great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely want to see this film. I was 9 when JFK was assassinated. So sad and I remember the day.

    MaryO1230
    San Pedro, CA

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...