Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Whole Bunch of Stuff - and a Winner

GR& DF so sorry to have missed my usual Monday posting.  I was playing around with my new camera.  WooHoo - a new toy!!  Rico got it for me on Friday and I have been having the most fun.  I wanted a smaller, lighter and more powerful camera.  I have been working with my old camera for 4+ years and it was time.  My new camera is a Sony CyberShot, 14.1 MP and it's a great red colour.  I am still learning what it can do so my snaps may be a bit off for a while.  Thanks you so much sweet Rico!!! and Merry Christmas to me!!!!

Over the weekend there where other high points!!  You might remember - I collect 19th century Transferware - there a few patterns I really look for.  One of them is called "The Sea."  I hardly ever see any pieces in this pattern, like never.  When I do see the occasional piece it is astronomical in price so I whimper a bit and move on.  On Sunday we ran out to the Antique Collective (mall) and were just looking around and in one of the booths was this....

A beautiful rim soup bowl!!  I snatched that sucker off its stand so quick you would have thought I was having a fit.  It now hangs under a large vegetable bowl in the same pattern.....

For a pidge-lette update - I got a quick snap of the them.  Lolly startled the Mama away for a moment and I got this snap of the growing duo.  They have grown considerably since I last saw them a few days ago.
__________

I did some stitching this weekend - some I can show, some I can't.  Here's a snap of some I can....  a "Monthly" update....


The colours are off but you get the idea.  I am really enjoying this - and may just push on with the stitching instead of waiting for each month to roll around.
__________

I also whipped up this pretty tasty treat.....

...a cranberry/orange coffee cake - it has a great crumb and is filled with cranberry deliciousness.  I made a quick orange glaze that pulled all the flavours together.  I'll post the recipe in the next day or so over at Blacksheep Bakes.
__________

I wanted to wrap up today with the drawing....  I got all the names written on slips of paper and into the BoD....  with a little help from Lolly.... the Hag claw reached into the BoD......


....  and out came the winner........  Mary H.  Congratulations!!  Now if you'll email me your snail mail address I can get the Engagement Book into the mail and on its way to you.  My email in in my profile.  Thank you all for your interest in the drawing.......
__________

I will be reaching a milestone for me and my Blog - my 1000th Post for the Blacksheep is coming up soon..... so I think I need to have a Super Give-A-Way.  I never thought when I started Blogging I would ever have 100 posts much less 1000 - who could have known??  Oh well, keep a watch for it!!

That's about it for today sports fans.  I do thank you all for stopping by and for commenting!!  It means so much to little old me.

Take care,
edgar

24 comments:

  1. So glad that you found some of that transfer ware, and what a great pattern!

    Loved sneeking a peek at the pidgelettes!

    The stitching looks superb as does the cake!!

    What a mile marker coming up on your 1000 post!! Congrats! You can rest assure that I will be keeping an eye out for that giveaway!!!

    Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite unusual your plates, they are lovely, will keep my eyes peeled for you here in the UK.
    Oh love your tiny birds, cute!!
    Lovely stitching too and another cake:)) looks yummie.
    Congratulations on your 1000!! must try and catch up LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the transferware score! Your monthly blocks are looking great - they are so sweet. Might as well keep going on them. Congrats on coming up on your 1000th post too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good golly! That plate is Gor-ge-ous! I'm drooling! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love that red transferware! Gorgeous! What a lucky find too! The babies are getting big from the look of it! Wow! I love your stitching too -- nice to see that you're stitching the pieces together. 1000 posts is a big deal -- congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new find. The red is so pretty.
    The baby pidgies grow so fast!
    Your LHN monthly looks fabulous!
    And 1000 posts! WOW. Now that is a marker to celebrate. I look forward to the giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Mary H! And also to you, Edgar! What a cool gift from Rico. I always love to get new cameras (maybe that's why I have so many, lol). That transferware pattern is beautiful - great find!!!

    1000 posts?!?! OMG! That's a HUGE accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful pattern on the dinnerware??!!

    Awww, they are so ugly, they're cute, LOL!

    1,000 posts?? Oh my, now that is an accomplishment!!

    Happy Stitchin'
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the great find, and on your 1000 post! Can't wait to see that recipe- I love cranberries and cranberries and orange together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great pictures! You will be up to speed with the new camera in no time. The pidgelettes look positively hairy! Who knew they started out like that?
    Yummy food picture too. 1000 posts! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great transferware!I love it!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo-hoo! 1000 posts looming and a new camera--big happenings at the Blacksheep Blog!

    I've got some greek-style lemon potatoes in the oven right now; hope they come out well! I so admire your cooking "umph", Edgar. I don't mind cooking as a project now and again, but I've been really "over" cooking to survive for about a year. Looks like I've gotta get over bein' over it now! lol!

    Those monthlies are looking great--I can see why you're loath to put 'em away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that soup bowl just screamed at me! It's wonderful.
    Is there any cake left? I LOVE anything with orange and cranberries.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That transferware pattern is great. I think I have seen some in blue?? I like that sea pattern.

    Mary in TN

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want that plate. I want the cake. You can keep the birds, they sure are cute...I will have the wee dog. Your stitching is very nice and I am looking forward to seeing it all come together. Good luck with the new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your transferware is gorgeous! Isn't it fun when you spot a most wanted treasure? Your stitching is very pretty, and oh my, the cranberry orange coffee cake looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The soup bowl is beautiful. Congratulations on your great find, your new camera and closing in on your 1000th post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know you want to send me that transferwear.

    Don't fight the love, Edgar. Just send it along. ;)

    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  19. Even though I clearly can't spell Transferware.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Edgar,
    I will check back for that cake recipe...it looks so yummy.
    aidan

    ReplyDelete
  21. The transfer ware is beautiful. Love that red. Congratulations on the camera! And if it's red, it's definitely first quality! lol.

    Love the stitching and that cake looks delish! Congratulations on your upcoming mile marker!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the transfer ware. Masterchief's grandmother had the pink set. Would love to have it. I collect the blue and white willow ware.
    Oh my that cake looks good!

    Always enjoy drooling over your stitching.

    Congratulations on your upcoming 1000th post. Time does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those red and white plates are gorgeous! I need to try that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'd have snatched that bowl up as quick as I could too! What a beautiful find.

    Smiles,

    Nancy

    p/s that cake looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...