Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Quickie Chickie Post

GR&DF today will have to be a short post - and it's all about Pidge and the pidge-lettes. Yesterday we did our usually walking the who-hounds outside to do what doo-doo they could do...... and I took the camera to see if I could get a chick snap. I saw the broken shells the day before and thought there might be some action in the nest. Here is a snap.....

You can see the shells and you can see Lolly looking at mama Pidge - but instead of flying away she puffed up and squawked a bit, but not a bit did she move. So me thinks there might be some pidge-lettes under her warm breast!! I'll keep a camera handy and try and get snap of them if the chance arises.

There you go sports fans - a short and sweet city-chicken update.

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

dixiesamplardesigns said...

Awww, she just wants a peek...not a taste!! LOL! Pidge is being a good mama though.

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

Peggy Lee said...

That's too cute! Hope you can get a shot of the babies.

After seeing your post yesterday of the Jan/Feb issue of JCS I called my neighbor to see if she was making a trip in to town today (it's 35 minutes to get anywhere around here so we sort of look out for each other). I can't wait for her to arrive with my issue.
Thanks for the heads up about it.

diamondc said...

Oh my so cute wow you are so lucky to have a nest that you can see, I look forward to seeing the babies.
Hugs Catherine

Margaret said...

Oh boy! So exciting! I hope you're right and there are some babies under that mama's breast!

Alice said...

Wonderful! A Pidge-watch!

Sharlotte said...

Bet mama pidge was giving little Lolly the stink-eye! I think you are right that there must be some little ones under the protection of their mama! I'll be excitingly waiting to see more!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Look at that Mama protecting her young!

Maggie O said...

Tiger Pidge!! That's what Mama's do...protect their young...give your Mama a call or hug (if she is close enough today). Mamas will face an elephant if our young are in danger whether they are 5 years or 50 years old. Good pics Edgar...I didn't know birds "puffed up" for protection /to face the enemy. I practice this in resturants to get a better seat...elbows out, make yourself look bigger so you don't get stuck in a corner.