Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Sail Away Treat and an Exchange Arrives

GR&DF I am so happy to see so many throwing in for the Sail Away Drawing (yesterdays post) it is a great piece to stitch. Yesterday the mail brought a real treat and another super memento for the Sail Away SAL - Loraine kindly made needle books for all the participants and I received mine yesterday. Here are 2 snaps...

This is the book closed showing off the wonderful sampler printed fabric......



and here is the inside with the cute boat applique. I have inserted the scissors I attached the Sail Away Fob that Terri made us and I have a complete SAL treasure!! Thank you ladies both for the great experience, the fun and the keeping me sort of on track!!

I had the sweetest email this morning from Marie, my HOE Hallowe'en Exchange partner,
that she received the package I sent her. Here is a snap -

I stitched up a standing Pyn Keepe. The pattern is from the BBD booklet - Trix of Treat and is called Trix or Treat. It is a chart I have wanted to do for so long and just never had the chance - This was the perfect time - it is stitched on 28ct BOF Sandpiper linen using the recommended floss'. The treats I sent along were just fun things of the season - I had a great time as always making this exchange and Marie like everything so all is well!!

Last night I worked almost exclusively on TiTD Sampler - no snap.... so whats up with me being so lax!! I am working along the bottom filling in all the white background stitching behind the numbers - it is pretty tedious and I am not sure why?? I usually like this kind of stitching - the only thing I can think of is that it is a mottled white floss and I do not like stitching white!! I will get a snap today so you can see the progress. I will finish up my exchange ornie this weekend and get that out next week - I think it is really cute and I hope my partner likes it!!

I finished up watching "The Moonstone" - 1972 and BBC production shown over here on Masterpiece Theatre. The story is a Victorian whodunit type with a very convoluted story. It is a 5 part series - I watched the first three parts this weekend on Disc I - Entertaining and well done as are all the BBC things - but a bit drawn out for my taste. I also got a couple more Upstairs Downstairs in and they where more satisfying by far!!

Just in passing - I sit here at my computer all day listening to Internet radio and often listen to those stations that play standard songs from the 30's through the 50's (surprise, surprise) and have really taken to a new singer out there I had never heard of, his name is Julian Yeo,(this will take you to his home page). At the bottom of this page you can listen to him sing "C'est Si Bon" and then "Too Close for Comfort" from his new album. The album they play lots from is his debut album called "Old New Borrowed Blue" and is just full of great songs. I really enjoy his phrasing and interpretation of songs - his publicist calls it a "new - old" approach. If you get the chance you should give him a try!!

There you go for today!! Thanks for stopping by!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. I read Wilke Collins' The Moonstone when I was in Jr. High and really enjoyed it. Though, thinking on it, it was somewhat convoluted as you say. I do recommend it, though, and would LOVE to someday see this BBC production--I just love their 70's fare!!

    Later, sometime within the last 5 years, I read his Woman in White, and I would advise anyone to Run Not Walk away from it as fast as can be. In short, it's hideous in the way that Dickens is often hideous (Yup, I said it. Don't like 'im. :P Great Expectations is one of the most unenjoyable things I've ever read. What an unsympathetic hero! As he suffered, I was pleased because it was no more than he deserved! Or, perhaps that was the point. If so, I don't appreciate it.)

    Great looking finish; but what is BOF? Spell-out, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not just a whodunit, the Moonstone (novel) is considered the first detective novel in the English language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful piece from Loraine! She is so talented. I love the exchange, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm stitching that BBD piece right now on Tobacco linen - well not right this minute - and it is SO much fun! You'll have to come take a peek when it's finished.

    Glad I found your blog - enjoy your posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, pretty things here again today Edgar! I love the Sail Away needlebook that Loraine made you! And your exchange to Marie P! LOVELY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't the Sail Away pressie wonderful? Fob too of course. I loved reading The Moonstone. I may have to try that series -- or reread the book. Did they make The Woman in White too? That was also a good book. I love the exchange you sent off -- it's wonderful! And finally, I'm off to check out that singer you recommend. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful needlebook from Loraine. Love the pynkeepe for Marie...that's one of my favorite little halloween designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful pin keep, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a pretty needlebook... how nice!

    And what a great exchange! I love halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic exchange you received, that is just lovely. Also just love the package that you sent. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...