Monday, September 17, 2007

Lizzy's RR is Finished

I worked on the Heartfelt Friends RR square this weekend. As you may remember we are using LHN designs. This was a really fun project to work on. Lizzy picked the Dear Diary Series for her RR and let each of us choose the chart that we wanted to work. I really liked the Savannah one and so that is the one I interpreted with only a few colour/design changes. Here is a snap of the finished square.


The most obvious changes are my name/city and the addition of a squirrel. I lifted the squirrel from the Lakeside Lodge chart. I also dropped the little girl to the right of the house and changed the colour in the two large flowers on either side of the name.

Not too much else happened this weekend as it was pretty laid back with movies and work.
I had ordered from DVD Planet the double disc set of "Anne of a Thousand Days" and "Mary Queen of Scots" so had a nice double feature last night.

On the MQOS disc was a preview for the upcoming movie "Elizabeth:the Golden Age." It has Cate Blanchett reprising her role as Elizabeth I and looks spectacular!!!! It comes out in late October and I can't wait. You all know what a huge Cate fan I am!!!!! I also watched "From Here to Eternity" from 1953, for the millionth time on Saturday and you know.... I never get tired of that movie. Donna Reed and Deborah Kerr playing against their usual character's is really something to see. Montgomery Clift and Burt Lancaster also give just great performance's with Frank Sinatra really giving a superior performance. The movie was nominated for 13 Academy Awards and won 8 so there has to be something there!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by and all the wonderful comments that are left, I really appreciate it!!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. Lovely addition to a lovely RR! I also noticed your working on VoHRH. Addictive stuff, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice looking Edgar, well balanced in the re-designed elements. I think Lizzy will be very pleased.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely RR, those LHN designs are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice finish. I love balance in samplers. Create work.

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely addition to the RR. You did an excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a great job on Lizzy's RR!! It looks fab! You sure stitched this up quickly

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...