Thursday, September 6, 2007

Free Stitch - VOHRH

Last nights free stitch was working on the sable borders for VOHRH. Not the most exciting stitching but necessary for the finished product. Here is a snap of more sable silk on linen.


Tonight I will have another new start as I will begin "Garland Fair" by Blackbird Designs. It is an older pattern from the Loose Feathers series that I won on eBay as it is OOP. I saw it as a finished piece a long time ago and it just took a long time to win the chart. You would think that it would come up often but in fact I only have seen a handful of these charts come up in the past year. It is a small project so it should not take very long to finish. Thursday nights will be "small project night." Then on Friday's I will work on the Heartfelt Friends RR. Right now I am working on Lizzy's piece. She has chosen the Dear Diary series from LHN. I chose to do Savannah as my fathers family is from there. They came over from England in the early 1730's. I'll post a picture on Monday of the progress.


This morning I had in my mail box the SBQ.
The Question is:

Would you ever stitch one of your BAPs a second time?
(This does not include starting over because of mistakes, bad fabric, etc. rather stitching something from the first stitch for a second time.)


I don't know..... it would depend on the BAP and the memories I retained from the first stitching. If asked for by a family member or someone very close and the project was fun to begin with I might just restitch that sucker. I might also restitch a BAP if knowing at the finish I could make the piece way nicer if I was to change the floss or linen colour it would be a better piece.
I do think that I would wait a year or so before I restitched some BAP just to get some space between the two pieces. If there were bad memories or the piece was a true pain I probably would NOT restitch the BAP because by then it would become a PIA-BAP. :)

I got a container yesterday of one of my favorite things - JellyBelly's!!!!
Here is a snap of them all delicious in one of my yellow ware bowls.



I don't know what that piece of paper is in the bottom of the picture,
but it sure wasn't there when I took the picture. :)

Thanks for stopping by!!!! Love those comments, keep'em coming!!!!!!!


Take care,
edgar

4 comments:

  1. Your website it a treat for my eyes. Your work is amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The RR using the Diary series from LHN should turn out fantastic, I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. I love Jelly Bellies, but only about half the flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm jellybeans!! I love green ones.
    Good start on VOHRH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Edgar -

    I found your blog via the SBQ mime. I gotta say WOW! I love your site and your talent to work on high count linen is amazing. Your wife/partner must be very proud, I know *I* would be. Keep up the fantastic work!!!!

    Jan J.

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...