Friday, December 19, 2014

Some More Exchange Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, a couple of days ago I showed you the wonderful exchange things I received.... and today I'm going to show you the things I stitched and sent.......


....  For the HOS Christmas Ornament Exchange I made Kathy this piece, from PS Book #191 "Nordic Holiday" - using a mystery piece of 36ct linen, and the called for DMC red and green.  I finished it as a Pyn Keepe, using a cream braid, then laid a red and green wired ribbon with gilt edges and green Pyns.  I totally love the way this turned out, even the Hag Claw liked it, I may have to whip up a few of these for our tree, as all the patterns in Book 191 are great.
___________________

For the Private Exchange that I did with Shirlee, I stitched up Jenny Bean's Christmas Ornament 2010, from Shakespeare's Peddler.  I used mostly the called for Belle Soie silks, I changed a couple, because they didn't look very nice on the 36ct piece of linen I was using. 

I chose this chart because I knew that Shirlee likes carols, houses and samplers, and this sort of said all those things to me.  Another thing I changed in the chart a bit is I left off the large letter "J" that was at the bottom.  I tried stitching an "S" instead, but I couldn't make it look right.  I also changed the date  - on the chart it had a date of 1824, which meant nothing, but is the date on most of the Jenny Bean charts - so I found that "Silent Night " was composed in 1818, and that does mean something.

_____________

There you go sports fans, another week down and only a few short days until Christmas.  It's pouring again here, and has been all day........  It may be a KFC night.........  Have a super weekend!!

Take care,
edgar

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stitching and ornaments! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like that second one especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of your ornaments, finishing and all! I know the recipients are thrilled. You can never go wrong with a PS and the grey cording on the house seems perfect. A rainy night needs leftovers from the Mexican restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the research you did to connect the date to the ornament. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both ornaments!! I just got the PS booklet. Your finishing of the ornaments was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ornaments, Edgar! I especially love the Jenny Bean one. I've had that chart in my stash for a long time, but haven't stitched it. I love how yours turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching and finishing! Enjoy your weekend Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love what you used to finish the reindeer. It's beautiful, I'm sure the recipient is thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitches and finishes. Merry and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful ornaments. I love how you researched Silent Night and changed the date. It's one of my favourite carols. Your finishing just sets off your stitching perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. DEarest Edgar: Wonderful exchange pieces so sweet, the finishing is wonderful.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fabulous!
    Wishing you a peaceful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely ornaments, Edgar! Merry Christmas to you and yours... and all the who-hounds too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two superb and beautiful finishes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful ornaments you stitched for gifts. And the finishes are lovely.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your stitching and finishing is PERFECT! Your exchange partners are very lucky and I'm sure they love the pieces too.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...