Thursday, December 18, 2014

It Was Cold and Rainy

Gentle Friends, last night by the time I finally made it home through the traffic and idiot drivers  - who BTW - get more idiotic the wetter the roads become - (ever heard of a turn signal???) I was in no mood to make dinner - and nothing we could order sounded very appealing......  so after we dealt with the Who hounds we then got back in the car and back on the road again......... our destination was.......


... we're only about a 10 minute drive from this, our favorite Mexican restaurant, we got there quickly and found parking in under 5 minutes ( a Christmas miracle if there ever was one!!!)  

The place was virtually empty, who else is crazy enough to go out in a storm??? - so we had our pick of tables.  The waitress brought out some warm chips and salsa - and menus, but I knew it was Albondigas night and that was what I braved the storm to get!!- every Tuesday they make this soup.  There is a different soup each evening.

This soup - is a hearty vegetable and spicy meatball soup.  When it is brought to the table they also bring a small plate with chopped onions and cilantro and cold rice to add to the soup.  It is really delicious....

.... what's a Mexican meal without a nice cold beer to wash it down with!!  Rico had Chicken Flautas....

........ by the time we finished up dinner the rain had slaked off to a mere dripping drizzle, so the restaurant started to fill up.  It was a warm, delicious and filling meal - and I'd fight another stormy night to get me some more of this soup!!!
____________________

That about does it for today (or I should say tonight) sports fans.  
Thanks again for stopping by - do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

11 comments:

  1. Awesome! We also went out for Mexican tonight! Their specials board had a shrimp quesadilla, so we decided to venture b/c wouldn't life be better if you were eating cheese??? And I got a beef tongue burrito plate to hedge our vets. We split them, and it was great!! I'll try to get some pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: Merry Christmas, I hope the weather starts getting better for you soon.
    I know what you mean about idiot drivers the terds up here in minnesota are the same, its as if their arm is broke and they cannot reach the signal arm.
    I almost ate the pictures off my computer wow what a great looking soup, the flautas look so yummy.
    I wish you Rico and the Who Hounds a beautiful and Blessed Christmas.

    Mewrry Christmas

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this at 7am and I already say YUMMMMMMM and want some right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the soup looks delicious. I always like to order something I know I love at a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so good! I wish we had a good Mexican restaurant around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, idiot drivers abound no matter where you live. You must have really wanted that soup to go back out again. Looka amazing and I will be making note of the restaurant. I get to visit in February and have even been promised a trip to NIAH. So excited! I watch your blog for gems like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks delicious! Good that you braved the storm to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at that soup is making me hungry!

    Idiot drivers? I live in the south--just mention the S word and everyone goes a little nuts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know exactly what you mean, driving in rain is worse than driving the snow. In the snow drivers slow down not when it is raining though . My husband and I find it strange that so many cars these days do not come WITH turn signals.......you would think that option would be standard.hahaha. Hey, I remember hand signals. Nothing nicer than eating out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a yummy looking dinner. I would go out in a storm for that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being from Illinois, we usually worry about ice and snow this time of year and the drivers are just as bad here as they are where you live! Your Mexican dinner looks so yummy and filling. I'll have to look for those items at our local restaurant now that I've seen your favorites.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...