Friday, February 8, 2013

Two Fun Films

Gentle Readers, lets wrap the week !!!  Not very much going on around here.  Our car "issues" were fixed, I guess money does buy happiness!!  I think we'll hold on to the old clunky thing for a few more months - and start looking to replace it towards the end of Summer.   At 16 years old I think its time to get a newer model!!
_____________

I thought today I would mention a couple of films I have seen recently that are really entertaining...

First up is "Brave" - 2012 - from Pixar Animation Studios, this computer generated animated film was good to really good throughout!!  Good story and good visuals.


Although I have read some not so good reviews, I enjoyed just about every minute of it - and would totally recommend it!!  I loved the witch, I usually like the odd characters, and the witch is lots of fun!!  At 93 minutes it is not long, so give it a try.
______________

The other film is "Hotel Transylvania" - 2012 - from Sony Pictures Animation - another computer generated animated feature, that was also a fun flick.  Fun story and an interesting take on famous monsters from film and literature.


Both films suffer from computer animation, and are not nearly as good as a classicly animated film, but these are the times, CGI is less expensive to produce than hand drawn.  Aside from that defect, I enjoyed them both and would encourage you to give them a look.
_______________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again.  Have a super weekend!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Wow, I hope our car can hold out as long as yours! Ours is like 12 or 13 years old -- and we need it to hold out for a while longer. lol! I was slightly disappointed in Brave, but I still loved it. Haven't seen Hotel Transylvania, but I hope to. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched "Brave" for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago. Dan & I liked it, but it was too intense for our three-year-old granddaughter. She was worried about the "mommy bear" if you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those are on my "to watch" list, glad to know you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww i love them both so much too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edgar: I recieved your package today I am in love with this lovely piece of art.
    I will start working on ity on sunday.
    I ordered Translyvania on sunday last week from Direct T.V. I love it now I want it for Valentines day Mike is going to pick it up this week-end.
    I have not seen Brave but plan on it.
    Another movie I want to see is Frankenweenie, I love animation.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Brave!!! A great movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have thought about both of those movies, thanks for the thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Edgar, just wanted to say that I am glad you are back home and that all went well with you and your sister in Florida. Closing and packing up ones parent's home is tiring and can be difficult - glad to hear you are home and all is well.

    Now as to Brave - just love that movie!!! the little brothers were just too darn cute!!! well nothing else can I say - just loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband and I went to see Hotel Transylvania and both loved it! We also now go around "I do not say Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!" LOL It's one I'm hoping to add to my collection.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...