Monday, February 25, 2013

Meet Miss Elizabeth

Gentle Friends thank you so much for all you kind Comments and emails - As I predicted on Friday..... I spent the majority of the weekend just shuffling things about, cleaning things off and washing linens.  Since my mom was a very heavy smoker I had to wash down all the wood furniture - I used a solution of purified water and white vinegar, and it worked really well.  I hauled some stuff to Goodwill, shuffled some stuff into closets and basically our home is becoming a little less "piled" and a little more "put away!!"  The ongoing laundry and then the piles of ironing were a killer.  I probably did 10 loads of just linen.  Tablecloths, dinner napkins and monogrammed sheets.  My mom had so much of the stuff, and I found, when going through, she also had quite a bit from my Grand and GreatGrand mother, those embroidered initials give it away every time!!
__________

I did sit down and get started on a new piece - Scarlet Letter's "Elizabeth Shepard 1820" - I have wanted to have a Quaker piece back in the WIP Basket for the longest time and now seemed just right.  I am also determined to try and stitch from my Stash a bit more, as I seem to have way too much of that - and I could start this piece right from the stash heap.  Let me show you the very tiny start...

Elizabeth Shepard 1820 - started 2/23/2013
LL 36ct Vintage Magnolia
Using my conversion of silk - The recommended DMC is 3803,934,3031 - I converted these to silk - Gloriana "Dried Pink Roses," Gloriana "Elizabethan Green" and Belle Soie "Briar Patch" 
____________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Pleased to meet you Miss Elizabeth. I look forward to getting to see more of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't Glorianna silks fabulous. I am currently using Elizabethan Green on my Mystic Smalls and I love it. I do envy you your heirloom linens ... any I have came from thrift shops and antique stores. My mother is a paper napkin/paper towel sort of person as was her mother before her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing more of Eluzabeth! Will you be posting any pics of the linens?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth looks wonderful! And Gloriana and Belle Soie -- yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello miss :) nice to meet you..
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are getting things under control and are able to get in a little stitching. I'm looking forward for seeing more of the new start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure worked hard over the week-end! I look forward to seeing your progress on Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, this is going to exciting to watch grow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Edgar, it may be a small star but it looks good so far. I think I am going to really like your color conversion. Happy stitching. Also very proud of all your hard work over the weekend. MartyG

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to seeing Elizabeth grow Edgar.

    Vinegar has so many used around the house, I will make a note of this one.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...