Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday Post

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends not much going on here - I worked some on ATS - got most of the leaves, and fruit completed.  I think that once I'm over this part that the rest will smooth sailing.

The one project that has been sort of an on going thing is a re-shuffling of stash.  I have been culling out charts and linen that I know I will never use and or stitch on and will probably be listing some sale stuff soon.   It is amazing how much my taste seems to have changed and as I continue to go through the heaps of things I have acquired it amazes me how much there is - I know that I have become more discriminating as to what I buy, but in the past I would just get something because I liked it - now I ask some questions first - "Is is a great chart?" - "Is it something I have already or may have something that is similar?" - "Is it something that I can use already stashed fibers with?" - and the most important question now.... "Is is something I might stitch in the future"  I find that often when I ask these questions that I can talk myself out of many purchases!!  Lord knows I am running out of room for "stash Storage."
_____________

Yesterday the mail brought me the newest edition of SANQ - and I read it down by the pool -


the weather was really lovely  - with the breeze blowing, the sun shinning  - I could actually wear my lightest sweatshirt. This edition has some terrific info - and some great projects!

That's about it for today sports fans - thanks for stopping by and for your great comments!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Edgar,
    Thanks for sharing your ATS progress in your last post...I love it! It is waiting in my stash pile....finally found some fabric long enough. Like you, I just got my SANQ magazine and devour every word of it. They are great and always full of information. Hope you are having a great summer...Iowa is very HOT this year and no rain. pj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Edgar - I know my tastes have changed over the years.

    I used to wait for every market report, and decide what I *needed* to purchase. Now, I don't bother, and I might only buy one or two charts a year, but invariably, if I do buy something, I will start it right away. I have SABLE, so the need to accumulate more isn't as great as it was 5 or 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tastes have also changed over the years -- it's pretty weird! I still have trouble getting rid of old stash though. lol! I love SANQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My tastes haven't really changed so much as they have grown. I look at the larger, more difficult charts and think, "Sure, I can do that," whereas before they would have put me off. I have more large charts than I know what to do with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reducing charts for years now, some I miss, but most I don't. Rather than my taste changing, my stamina and enthusiasm for the complexity or size of a project has. I love ATS, but realized I just don't have it in me to complete so I let it go. Felt good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edgar, Your questions are great to ask. Where were you this past weekend when I went a little crazy at Country Sampler in Spring Green, Wisc?...just kidding. But, they are great questions. I will use them next time.
    I have been culling my stash too. Just added a new link on my blog for my stash sale. You and a few others have inspired me to start cleaning out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the latest issue of SANQ too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. After this past year away from my stash I think it will be interesting to go through it again. Will I want to give things away or will I fall in love with it all again? It should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My taste seems to change every few years. I have never heard of SANQ, but looking at the comments on your post.... it sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree with you Edgar. I would not buy today what I have bought in the past. There are a few kits that I had purchased a few years back too. They just lie there untouched. Hope to get down to them some day
    Wow, sounds good - reading by the pool :)

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...